Don't think I have posted before...

akrabakrab Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited July 2, 2008 in People
I don't think I have posted in any of the photo areas of the board.. if I have I don't recall doing so :dunno I don't know my way around all too well!

Anyway I am a snap happy mom of 6 kids so I have bunches and bunches of photos!

I will spare you and not post all of the kids haha here are a couple recent pictures I had time to shoot... I will only post 3!

2619912854_c8762697ab_o.jpg

2588657858_04684726fb.jpg2529025895_982a3d1165.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I love all of them but that colorful candy and sweet boy looks great
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • akrabakrab Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thank you for taking a look and replying :)
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    WHAT PERSONALITY!
    Wonderful photos! And time to take photos with 6?! I hope for my own little cowboy. Sure, you can have fun with girls and dress up, but boys have the fun costumes: Cowboys and Indians, soldiers, batman, fireman, hulk, Capt Jack Sparrow... They are all neat and great shots but the first one just speaks volumes!!
    Keep it up!
    edited July 2, 2008
    Absolutley Boys are SO much fun!!! I have 5 boys and 1 girl... the boys are much more willing to play and have fun!!!! ( I should note my daughter is 14... so not very camera friendly lol)

I dont have lights or a studio so I mainly have to shoot in daylight... here are some dress up shots... hope no one minds me posting even more photos!

2371475109_d908baacd8.jpg

2117499825_e7787fd9d2.jpg

2150879924_e7990fdb79.jpg

2372424858_17ee3bfd8c.jpg

1406566725_c02c6197de.jpg

Sorry! I told myself I wouldnt post tons of photos but I couldnt resist!!! Boys are just so much fun!!!!
    edited July 2, 2008
    All of those are just great, and might I say, well executed?! Out of that set #2 takes the cake. He's so obviously cheesing for the camera and not character that it makes you want to scoop him up and tickle him.

The rock star ones are just great.rolleyes1.gif They do so well... maybe some futures in modelling for those boys. It looks like a ring flash was used in some of them?
    edited July 2, 2008
    no, I dont have a ring flash... maybe someday!

Thanks for looking again and taking the time to post.... I know photo moms can get a little post crazy with pictures of their kids.... or at least this here photo mom can get carried away with posting pics of her kids haha :ivar

Occassionally I get pictures of the neighbor girls to add a little variety :D
    edited July 2, 2008
    It's too bad your 14 year old is being a poop, but I remember being a 14 yr old girl... so I can understand.
    Don't feel bad about it. Kid photography is either easy for you or majorly difficult. It also depends on the kid. Seeing good kid photography helps me out.
    Where are you photographing that has so much light?
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    How did you get the eyes to "pop" like that, is the lens really that sharp?
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
    edited July 2, 2008
    the first picture and the sucker picture were taken outside.... the other picture in the first post was taken in an area next to my diningroom ( is an empty space with a huge window) the others that I posted were taken in my foyer... the door is a big clear glass panel and then there is also a big window there.... it is semi shaded as it goes out onto a covered porch so it isnt direct sun coming in the window or door. Both spaces are small and cramped but big enough to shoot kids.

I have to giuve mt daughter plenty of warning that I want to take a picture.... and she usually requires some sort of payment Laughing.gif here is the most recent photo she let me take... SORRY ... yet another picture eek7.gif

this was taken back in November!!! I need to talk her into some new photos! this was taken indoors in my bedroom at night, I used an external flash and a couple hardware store clamp lights... she never wears make up but she had come home from her friends house and they were playing with make up so I talked her intome doing some touch up to her hair and make up and do some shots

2028081319_fc5a50fb1f.jpg

this is also her from November... shot in my foyer at night with my flash and clamp lights

2049783447_bb9ce998da.jpg

So 7 months of no photos of her! Egads!!! I need to work on that!!!
    edited July 2, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    How did you get the eyes to "pop" like that, is the lens really that sharp?

Which picture are you referring to? hopefully I can tell you what was done :)
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    What great shots, i really enjoyed your photos. Please do not be shy, post awayclap.gifclapclap.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
    edited July 2, 2008
  • GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    besides having adorable kids.....you have a bunch of talent! Excellent shots.
    edited July 2, 2008
    why thank you! I love photography and I love learning! it is such a great adventure :)
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    dadwtwins wrote:
    What great shots, i really enjoyed your photos. Please do not be shy, post awayclap.gifclapclap.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif - You have loads of talent and some beautiful children (and one very beautiful young lady :D).

Please feel free to post more - these are great!

Oh, BTW - I am also wondering about the wonderfully sharp/bright eyes you've managed to capture there. What are you using for equipment?
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thanks Scott :)

I shoot with an old Olympus E-1... I have AF lenses but usually find myself with an old (film) manual lens mounted... just something about them that I love! Makes me really concentrate on what I am doing since I have to focus the lens myself.

The first image taken was using an old converted Hexanon 57mm lens that a nice guy over in th UK sent me :) It is forever stuck on f/2 but I just love it!
    edited July 2, 2008
    I wouldn't worry about "too many photos" of the kids. I'll be worse than you, I promise. My husband thinks that our child won't know my face but everytime he/she sees a camera they'll light up and yell "mommy!"rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 2, 2008
    I wouldn't worry about "too many photos" of the kids. I'll be worse than you, I promise. My husband thinks that our child won't know my face but everytime he/she sees a camera they'll light up and yell "mommy!"rolleyes1.gif

HAHAHA so true!!!
  • jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I'm impressed. As others have pointed out, the quality of your shots, especially the eyes, are wonderful. Your kids have beautiful eyes and you do a great job of capturing them.
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thank you :)