Options

Upload color corrected images

hanerhaner Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited July 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Lets say I batch correct a whole bunch of photos using some program such as Colour-Science i2e. I then upload them to my smugmug account so that everyone can see the new corrected photos. Will this cause any problems when I or anyone else buy prints and then choose to have the auto correct option? I don't want my prints looking messed up by having a color corrected picture of an already color corrected picture.

Makes sense?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Print them True Color if you are going to i2e them first deal.gif
  • Options
    hanerhaner Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    What about others who may want to print them? Has anyone tested printing a color corrected photo with auto color correct? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    haner wrote:
    What about others who may want to print them? Has anyone tested printing a color corrected photo with auto color correct? ne_nau.gif
    I've ordered Auto and True before and I'm sure enough about my PS skills that I use True. If you're in doubt of which to use color correct an image like you would normally do and print one with Auto and one with True. Make sure you have the word Auto printed on the one you order as auto and the word True on the one you order as True so you know which is which when you receive them.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto