Options

The Virgin Mary............IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited July 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
One from the Bascilca in Mexico City

These Statues represents the Virgin Mary appearing the Native Indians.

97043306.jpg

Thanks for looking, Take care,

Craig
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Craig....

I'm not sold on this one. I think the idea is great, but the picture falls short. I can barely differentiate the rocks from the figures. I don't know if the IR treatment is the culprit ....something is just not right.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Craig....

I'm not sold on this one. I think the idea is great, but the picture falls short. I can barely differentiate the rocks from the figures. I don't know if the IR treatment is the culprit ....something is just not right.

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks very much for your reply and thoughts, and you hit it right on the head. I had wanted to post this image for a long time, but it just didn't seem right, I think I was trying to include too much in the shot, especially the reflection. The lighting was strange that day, and try as I might, it just didn't seem to come out. I did go back an re-crop the shot, this one I think is a little better and shows the Statues true beauty.

99596812.jpg

Thanks again, take care,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    What a difference a crop made......... Nice shot Panther thumb.gifazzaro
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2008
    Azzaro wrote:
    What a difference a crop made......... Nice shot Panther thumb.gifazzaro

Thanks Azzaro, this was stunning setting, the Sculptures were amazing in their details.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    What a stunning photograph......I like them both, the first due to the reflection and the second due to the detail.....it is a very busy photograph, b8ut not so busy that you lose yourself in the rocks and such.......thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap

The first one reminds me of a Tim Ross oil painting.....I know a lot of people think of him as a lowbudget painter but the outcome was beautiful with very rich colors even in the darks.....and so is yours full of rich color even in the darks ofthe reflection.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    What a stunning photograph......I like them both, the first due to the reflection and the second due to the detail.....it is a very busy photograph, b8ut not so busy that you lose yourself in the rocks and such.......thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap

The first one reminds me of a Tim Ross oil painting.....I know a lot of people think of him as a lowbudget painter but the outcome was beautiful with very rich colors even in the darks.....and so is yours full of rich color even in the darks ofthe reflection.....

Howdy Art,

Thank you very much for your very kind reply.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas