july 2nd "We're having some temporary difficulties..."

natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
smugmug's back to normal.. :D

so what happened today?

(post edited)
--
_:nod Nate____
Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
Speedlite 430 EX .
Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .

Comments

• Options
    natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    okay, no not really.. still not working. ne_nau.gif
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Our engineers are working on some things right now, hang in there and we appreciate your patience. There may be some site issues for a little bit this evening, and we may be in read-only mode for a little while.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
  • Options
    TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Any idea at all when it will be back up?
  • Options
    MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Does "Read Only" mean no sales on Pro accounts?
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    MikeMcA² wrote:
    Does "Read Only" mean no sales on Pro accounts?
    Yes. It's Viewing Only. We'll be back to normal shortly!
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Yes. It's Viewing Only. We'll be back to normal shortly!

Took 3 attempts to upload the same photo...related to tonights issues?

Originally, the first two attempts had a '-' in the filename but then I renamed the file to remove it but still took two attempts.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    rharodigitalrharodigital Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2008
    Holy crawling bits of data Batman
    I'm uploading photos to a gallery and the "checking your photo" takes an eternity.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    I'm uploading photos to a gallery and the "checking your photo" takes an eternity.

Same here - I was just about to add this issue when I saw you already had done so.

Derek

EDIT: taking a minute to finish checking the file after upload, first upload failed, second - failed...

Message: upload problem: DB insert is the error msg I get in the log

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    paullantzpaullantz Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    July 2nd upload problems
    Is there a problem tonight with uploads.
    I uploaded pictures before there was an indicated problem (message showing at top of page)
    Now cannot upload.
    I use drag and drop, the byte counter goes on to the full file size but then nothing happens and eventually shows message nothing received.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Same here - I was just about to add this issue when I saw you already had done so.

Derek
    yeah i'm sure it's related. Hang in there, guys.
  • Options
    wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Some photos not uploading
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me why some photos I'm uploading are not showing up in the gallery? First time I've had this happen - and coincidentally I did a disk defrag and file compression yesterday. headscratch.gif

I tried uploading several images (one was 1.5 meg and one was 3.4 meg) using the Simple uploader. The bar said they were uploading, then a long(er than usual) while later it said Upload Complete. But they didn't show in my gallery. Too large a file?

thanks!
    Lori
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Cannot upload photos!
    Hi, I've recently been having a problem with my lightroom uploader so I used the java one and it says that the photos were uploaded, but nothing has been added to any of my galleries, any ideas?
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I had the same result... I'll have to do it all over again tomorrow... :hang

But I guess it happens...
  • Options
    durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    same here
    me too!
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    Hi, I've recently been having a problem with my lightroom uploader so I used the java one and it says that the photos were uploaded, but nothing has been added to any of my galleries, any ideas?
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    Go to your Control Panel>Stats>view log to wee if there was an error. Tonight there was an error on upload and SmugMug's aware of this at the moment.

Try the Olde Faithful uploader, it's the one at the bottom of the list and see if that works for you.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    duren wrote:
    me too!
    They're aware of the problem....stay tuned
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    philipwphilipw Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Not sure what's going on, but I'm have huge problems uploading today. I've used a couple of different uploading methods, including MacDaddy and Simple on the Mac, and I used Simple on Windows. I'm getting some images in the galleries using MacDaddy, and with Simple on both platforms, I'm not getting anything to upload even though it tells me they're uploading. I even tried using the retired Drag & Drop, which I used to use all the time without a hitch, and it just stopped uploading after the first image uploaded. Not sure what's going on here, but I hope it can be resolved quickly.

Philip
  • Options
    photowinzphotowinz Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Same Problem Here!
    Also, uploader (all of them) stalls for a long time. Say I'm uploading three 4mb jpgs. First one uploads and then everything stalls for about 5 minutes. Then next one uploads, and same stall. Then again. After 15 minutes all three photos finally upload, but now they aren't showing up.
  • Options
    itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Whew, I thought it was me. It goes along with the day I'm having though so I think I'll go to bed.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Folks, our Engineers are working on the uploading. Hang in there and sorry for the hassle.
  • Options
    edmaineedmaine Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Folks, our Engineers are working on the uploading. Hang in there and sorry for the hassle.

Thanks Andy!
    I got the same issue too! "Message: upload problem: DB insert "

Please keep us posted so we can resume our uploading once again!
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    heh...i musta caught it between blowedups. i started to upload (drag and drop) and it told me "ACK!" i get that now and again, but usually only when uploading a couple hundred megs at a time... so i tried again... "DOUBLE ACK!" so i refresh the drag-n-dropper only to get the "temp difficulties..."

and...as i was typing this, i refreshed again...and it worked...

//me sees if i can buy a print really quick..
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    com3 wrote:
    heh...i musta caught it between blowedups. i started to upload (drag and drop) and it told me "ACK!" i get that now and again, but usually only when uploading a couple hundred megs at a time... so i tried again... "DOUBLE ACK!" so i refresh the drag-n-dropper only to get the "temp difficulties..."

and...as i was typing this, i refreshed again...and it worked...

//me sees if i can buy a print really quick..

Yeah I am finally able to upload, but the file is continually processing the image. :cry

• Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Yeah I am finally able to upload, but the file is continually processing the image. :cry
    If you guys'll wait a tiny bit Don's got the problem almost fixed I think. Hang in there please.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    If you guys'll wait a tiny bit Don's got the problem almost fixed I think. Hang in there please.

Might be fixed now Andy.

I decided to NOT wait any longer for the image to process and re uploaded - uploaded fast (as in normally), and processed fast (normally). The other image was still processing but I deleted it.

Derek

• Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:

it took almost 8 weeks for it to finally process the image, but it worked eventually. clap.gif all i needed was that ONE image to be done, so i'm happy.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Seems I have some ghost files hanging around my recent photos gallery...even after deleting one file, it shows something in the thumb nail area in the recent photos gallery. Odd. I cant seem to clean up the issue myself...

Derek

ne_nau.gif