SOLD: Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG/HSM

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited July 15, 2008 in House of Canon
Selling my Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG/HSM. (This is not the macro version of the lens). This lens has been awesome to me, and I even took my favorite basketball photo with it earlier this year.

Included is the box it came in, the soft padded case, the tripod ring, hood, lens caps, etc. I will pay for shipping and insurance on the lens. My asking price is $650.

I am only selling it since I finally made enough money from my wedding photography that I was able to afford my dream lens, the Canon 70-200 f2.8/L IS USM, so now that I have it in my hands, I need to sell the Sigma.

324379232_rzPTh-M.jpg

324379338_t3bLU-M.jpg

324379450_GBFJG-M.jpg

The only nicks on it are on the tripod ring and the hood. The actual lens is in great condition.
To see the nicks and scuffs, go here for photos: http://photos.cathoffman.com/gallery/5313116_CiS35

Photo I took using this lens:
258105514_8gwBF-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, please feel free to pm, email, etc with any questions you have. I have bought, sold and traded items on here before, so let me know if you want a reference (or check the feedback thread).

EDITED: Added photos now that smugmug is out of read only mode :)

Comments

• glovedesignerglovedesigner Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Shima is a great seller!
    Congrats Cat! I'm still enjoying the EF 70-200 4L you sold me!

Everybody out there who's interested in this Sigma lens, I highly recommend Shima! She takes very good care of her equipment! Great price and fast shipment!

glovedesigner
    Shima wrote:
    Selling my Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG/HSM. (This is not the macro version of the lens). This lens has been awesome to me, and I even took my favorite basketball photo with it earlier this year.

Included is the box it came in, the soft padded case, the tripod ring, hood, lens caps, etc. I will pay for shipping and insurance on the lens. My asking price is $650.

I am only selling it since I finally made enough money from my wedding photography that I was able to afford my dream lens, the Canon 70-200 f2.8/L IS USM, so now that I have it in my hands, I need to sell the Sigma.

324379232_rzPTh-M.jpg

324379338_t3bLU-M.jpg

324379450_GBFJG-M.jpg

The only nicks on it are on the tripod ring and the hood. The actual lens is in great condition.
    To see the nicks and scuffs, go here for photos: http://photos.cathoffman.com/gallery/5313116_CiS35

Photo I took using this lens:
    258105514_8gwBF-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, please feel free to pm, email, etc with any questions you have. I have bought, sold and traded items on here before, so let me know if you want a reference (or check the feedback thread).

EDITED: Added photos now that smugmug is out of read only mode :)
  • tjstridertjstrider Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    I am a friend of Shima's

We sit next to each other at the Basketball games. If you are someone that has a Rebel non Pro series body, know that this lens will keep up and make your AF seem awesome! She rarely missed shots and out shots were so similar frequently that we might as well have just swapped out cards.

So what i am saying, is if you are debating between the Canon for 1100 and this for 650... go with this reliable 2nd hand seller!

Great Value and Great Lens!
    5D2 + 50D | Canon EF-s 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 50mm 1.8, 580EXII
    http://stridephoto.carbonmade.com
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    tjstrider wrote:
    I am a friend of Shima's

We sit next to each other at the Basketball games. If you are someone that has a Rebel non Pro series body, know that this lens will keep up and make your AF seem awesome! She rarely missed shots and out shots were so similar frequently that we might as well have just swapped out cards.

So what i am saying, is if you are debating between the Canon for 1100 and this for 650... go with this reliable 2nd hand seller!

Great Value and Great Lens!

Thanks Tim :) He and I were actually sitting next to one another when I took the above photo with the XTi and Sigma lens (he had his XT and 70-200 f2.8/L IS) and I remember we both missed the part where the game entered a second overtime because we got distracted looking at this shot! Good times
    edited July 7, 2008
    Bumping time. Any takers? This baby still needs a new loving home.
  • JimClarkJimClark Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Out of curiosity have you tried it with a 2x tC on it?

jim
    Shima wrote:
    Bumping time. Any takers? This baby still needs a new loving home.
    "Christianity, if false, is of no importance,
    and if true, of infinite importance. The only
    thing it cannot be is moderately
    important." C. S. Lewis
    http://www.photosbyjimclark.com/
    edited July 8, 2008
    JimClark wrote:
    Out of curiosity have you tried it with a 2x tC on it?

jim

I've never required a teleconverter for my photography needs. I doubt it would have any problems with one though.
    edited July 11, 2008
    Bumping time again, still available. I'd be willing to drop the price to $625...

Any takers yet? I've had a few inquiries but nobody has snagged this baby yet :)
    edited July 15, 2008
    Sold to this gentleman over at POTN forums: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.php?u=154019

Thanks for looking everyone! :)