Options

Confused about how to set prices...

Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
edited July 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just started my trial for the pro account, and I'm currently in the process of setting my portfolio prices, but I'm a little confused. First of all, in all the other galleries I've seen, under "buy" i've never seen a price higher than default. Am I missing something? Second of all, how high is reasonble to set my prices? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just dont want to do something dumb right off the bat. Thanks!
graphic designer/photographer

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    I just started my trial for the pro account, and I'm currently in the process of setting my portfolio prices, but I'm a little confused. First of all, in all the other galleries I've seen, under "buy" i've never seen a price higher than default. Am I missing something? Second of all, how high is reasonble to set my prices? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just dont want to do something dumb right off the bat. Thanks!
    Hi Unbrok3n and welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug!

I'm assuming that when you say "other galleries I've seen" you are refering to other SmugMug sites. Not all SmugMug sites are Pro accounts and you cannot change the pricing for non-pro accounts. Either that or the Pro's forgot to change their pricing and are not making any money off their sales :cry.

If you are reffering to your own account after you have set custom pricing it might be because you cannot see your pricing if you are logged into your account. You don't want to charge yourself a marked up price do you? There is a button on the top of your homepage when you are logged in that is called "Visitor View". Click on that and you will see your site as if you were logged out.

For more info on custom pricing and other Pro features take a look at Andy's Fast Start and the SmugMug Pro-Wiki

If you still have pricing questions don't be affraid to ask, remember that we all started somewhere and probably had the same questions at some point.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto