Challenge 2.3 Idea

Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited July 5, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I wanted to try and do something different for this challenge and wanted to know if this fit the theme or was too much on the fringe. I thought I'd shoot the recent Airshow where i live and work towards finding armor on the aircraft looking scaled. Only 2 shots came close and there is no chance for a reshoot. Here they are:

324513982_gBcWa-L.jpg

324528193_rNFkV-L.jpg

My question is should i use one of these or scrap the whole Idea and try to shoot something else?

Any help/comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Firstly let me say, these are both nice photos.

The first in particular is very dynamic and all those diagonal lines really give the image a sense of action and a feel for how it must have felt being there.

However, for me at least, these don't speak the theme. I don't see either scaled or feathered in the shots and would suggest you keep shooting.

So nice shots, but I don't think that these will cut the mustard if you are trying to win.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Firstly let me say, these are both nice photos.

The first in particular is very dynamic and all those diagonal lines really give the image a sense of action and a feel for how it must have felt being there.

However, for me at least, these don't speak the theme. I don't see either scaled or feathered in the shots and would suggest you keep shooting.

So nice shots, but I don't think that these will cut the mustard if you are trying to win.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter for your candid advice it is much appreciated. I think I'm going to shoot something else today in an attempt for an entry. Not a real original or overly clever idea but could come out nice. Going to shoot my baby girl on the bathroom scale and see if i can get her to look up at me. But at 6 months she doesn't always take direction real well.

Thanks again,
    mike
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    I like your current entry, Mike! thumb.gif Looks like you got the wee one to cooperate. :D
  • Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    I like your current entry, Mike! thumb.gif Looks like you got the wee one to cooperate. :D

Thank you, I was very happy with what I got. Surprisingly she did quite well, I wasn't so sure she was going to be able to sit that well and look back w/out loosing her balance. She's getting so big, I can't believe she's already 6months old.