Options

Colorful wall of mosaic tile

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
edited July 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This mosaic structure is quite large....only portions are shown, some of which lack a little in symmetry in the making. The wall celebrates the heritage of St. Augustine, FL.

324909309_Dym2q-XL.jpg

324909384_qG79S-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    I had a PM asking where this exhibit was in St. Augustine. It is located in the park just east of Flagler College.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Hi BlackMamba.......St. Augustine looks like a great place to take pictures. Are the tile all hand made???? I would have tried to get a little more saturation in the colors......but it is a really nice set as is..... Thanks for sharingthumb.gif

AZZARO
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    Hi Azzaro...

Good to hear from you. St. Augustine is an absolute treasure trove of photographic opportunities. These tiles were all hand made and the process used tends to create colors that have an opaque quality to them. I elected to leave the colors as they are in the interest of showing the art work as it really is.