Options

First DSLR...First Shots...D300...

RandallPMcMurphyRandallPMcMurphy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited July 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Just became interested in digital photography...shot the load on a d300 yesterday. Read the "quick guide" and was eager to take a few shots...I haven't installed my Aperature software yet, so these are just iPhotoed.

324951894_LGaLE-M.jpg

324952442_B2rn5-M.jpg

324952038_3XM7W-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    The first two seem like they need a little color correction, or levels adjustment... but still nice shots! thumb.gif

Congrats on the NEW camera! bowdown.gif
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    I so envy people who buy a D300 as their first SLR. Oh well, I hope to get one by this fall.
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    I so envy people who buy a D300 as their first SLR. Oh well, I hope to get one by this fall.

Sorry to say this - why should you envy those huge and expensive camera. Nothing wrong with expensive camera but you telling me money can buy good pictures. Its akin to the common trait that an expensive golf set can get you a lower score. I don't care how good the camera is if the picture ain't good. Its the eye behind the camera that count most.

Sorry, my honest opinion.
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    david-low wrote:
    Sorry to say this - why should you envy those huge and expensive camera. Nothing wrong with expensive camera but you telling me money can buy good pictures. Its akin to the common trait that an expensive golf set can get you a lower score. I don't care how good the camera is if the picture ain't good. Its the eye behind the camera that count most.

Sorry, my honest opinion.

Money can't buy good images, and that's why I hate to see people new to photography buying D300's. I envy their disposable income, not the camera.
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Now now, you guys, this is the same person who asked for advice in another thread and we all supported the D300. He bought the D300 for his first SLR because it was the right camera for him. While you can question the D300, this guy's thread isn't the place to do it. For him, it's settled.

A friend of mine bought a D300 as her first SLR, and it turned out to be the right choice. She's progressed so far beyond her P&S stage that the cost was justified, and she's not rich.

The thing about the D300 is that it's made in such a way that it won't go out of date any time soon, and it has all the right features, making it easier to justify and ready to grow into from a beginner to pro level.

What am I shooting? Canon. But I really admire the D300.