Easy now, new model & ...

1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
edited July 4, 2008 in People
...photographer is kinda new at model photography, too. She's hoping to get into a little "commercial" or "lifestyle" modeling. Too "petite" for fashion apparently. Anyway, this was her first experience "modeling" for the camera, and maybe my dozenth with any kind of model, so be gentle, but please comment if you have a constructive suggestion or honest opinion you would like to share...

Thanks!

322463390_4shG8-L.jpg

322734008_KGpS4-L.jpg

323197110_4Ua2w-L.jpg

323193497_PgwFt-L.jpg

323190772_o8aQq-L.jpg

323189946_zZfB9-L.jpg
My humble gallery...
www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
www.poolinaction.com

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    These are pretty good! I like #2.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    I'd say you're both off to a very good start! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • tanyBUGtanyBUG Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    i never would have guessed she was so new, or that you were either! The second one is my fav. Looks completely professional to me!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Lighting is great. Posing is great. Great expressions. cute gal. whats not to like? Great job!
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Nice stuff. #6 is my fave.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Good pics, shes absolutly adorable... thats the kinda girl i like. Shes got that "innocent" look so im sure she'll do well in catalogs.
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Great job both of you. Those ones with an iPhone are especially nice with the work that she's hoping to get into.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Great job. Numbers 2,3,5,6 look very natural. The others look a little forced in terms of pose, but overall, great job.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Nice job! You both did very well! I like #2, 5 & 7. My only comment would be to keep those beautiful eyes more towards the camera and not off to the side like #5. Over all a great shoot! thumb.gif
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    i am perfectly fine with number 5.. i like it that she's not looking at the camera.. i didnt like her pose on #3, i like #1 the most.. i just love headshots of a beautiful girl..
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Thanks for the encouraging words!

Regarding the posing -- not to look posed -- yeah, that is a genuine challenge both for photographer and model I would say. I do find some of the best shots are consistently when I catch them offguard. Makes me want to take advantage of tripod and cable release a bit more. With hand-held, I feel like I give away a little too much (as far as when I am going to click).

Here are a couple more:

323197578_jUmth-M.jpg

322734998_PqkJJ-L.jpg
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com