Smugmug down?

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
As of 7:37am EDT I can't get to smugmug.com main page or my stuff...nothing. Just seems totally dead :dunno

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    No problems on my end?
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Weird. It was working a few minutes ago but now I got nothing. Tried different browsers too for the heck of it.
    edited July 4, 2008
    No there's DEFINITELY something going on. All my EBAY listings that have Smugmug hosted photos have no photos showing now....just a red X. And I"m in the final couple hours for a few auctions too :(

HELP!!! :)
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Wish I could help,but everything looks fine to me.
    What is the link to your ebay auction?
    Your homepage pops up working fine.
    edited July 4, 2008
    I wonder if my ISP (insight cable) could be having problems that is just not allowing the smugmug content to come through to me and others on Insight?
    edited July 4, 2008
    Ok NOW it's back to normal. headscratch.gif But I promise it was broke....Laughing.gif It figures, now it looks like I was crying wolf.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
  • h4rrih4rri Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    It did drop, both www.smugmug.com and my Pro site dropped whilst my 'normal' account was fine.

Something is afoot. How do we ascertain what happened?
    H4rri
    ~~
    w: www.randomphotos.net
    #: Canon 5D - 17-40mm f/4 L - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS - Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro - 100-400mm f/4 L IS - Canon MT-24EX - Speedlite 430EX - Nikon CoolPix S200 :#
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    h4rri wrote:
    It did drop, both www.smugmug.com and my Pro site dropped whilst my 'normal' account was fine.
    They're the same, as far as SmugMug is concerned... just FYI.. so this tells me that you had trouble getting to your custom domain.

We had no system outages last night that I'm aware of. What's your custom domain, and where is it hosted? ear.gif
    edited July 4, 2008
    Mine is through Yahoo.
  • mleemlee Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    I had a problem with Verizon's DNS servers last night for several hours (4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3). They wouldn't resolve quite a number of addresses for me. I switched to a different ISPs and it worked fine. Possibly there was a coincidental issue with DNS on your end as well.

Mike
  • h4rrih4rri Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    They're the same, as far as SmugMug is concerned... just FYI.. so this tells me that you had trouble getting to your custom domain.

We had no system outages last night that I'm aware of. What's your custom domain, and where is it hosted? ear.gif

Custom domain is www.randomphotos.net. If just that was down I would have blamed the domain hosts DNS but www.smugmug.com was down too :(
    H4rri
    ~~
    w: www.randomphotos.net
    #: Canon 5D - 17-40mm f/4 L - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS - Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro - 100-400mm f/4 L IS - Canon MT-24EX - Speedlite 430EX - Nikon CoolPix S200 :#