Missing buttons/links not fixed

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited July 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Some screen shots of what I'm dealing with. This has been ongoing for months. I have spent hours trying to figure out why my PC only has problems with smug and no place else. IE Ver. 6.0.2900 SP2 Windowsfirewall turned off, Windows Home Ed. 2002, Dell Optiplex . I finally gave up making a new album.
1Buttons are missing in these screen shots,
2most of my control panel missing,
3drop down choices missing on front page, the only way I can make a new album is to go in to another album and use its drop menu to make new album.
4Then I fill it out and there is no button to start the album.
5when I go to one of my groups I have no post button to leave comments to them
6no upper right green thumb to add a photo to the group page
7the only way I can upload photos is to guess where the buttons are with the cursor [can't see it but scrolling may find it

previous problems were similar but now they are worse. The crashing stopped when I uninstalled Adobeflash9 and canon EasyPrints which was recommended in online forums. It apparently had dll. incompatibility with older PCs. I think there are missing files for reading some of your scripts, but I need to know what type of scripting you use. My Java is updated. Nothing helps. All of this ONLY happems in Smugmug.
my complete control panel
controlp.jpg
front page

homep.jpg
missing button to make album
newalbum.jpg

no button offered to upload even when I master my way into itand no upload page with the list of choices either. The choice pg. Blank.
nobuttons.jpg
Thanks for any help I am pulling my hair out. And trying to do a lens review right now. I would love some answers to this!
Linda

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 5, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Some screen shots of what I'm dealing with. This has been ongoing for months. I have spent hours trying to figure out why my PC only has problems with smug and no place else. IE Ver. 6.0.2900 SP2 Windowsfirewall turned off, Windows Home Ed. 2002, Dell Optiplex . I finally gave up making a new album.
    1Buttons are missing in these screen shots,
    2most of my control panel missing,
    3drop down choices missing on front page, the only way I can make a new album is to go in to another album and use its drop menu to make new album.
    4Then I fill it out and there is no button to start the album.
    5when I go to one of my groups I have no post button to leave comments to them
    6no upper right green thumb to add a photo to the group page
    7the only way I can upload photos is to guess where the buttons are with the cursor [can't see it but scrolling may find it

previous problems were similar but now they are worse. The crashing stopped when I uninstalled Adobeflash9 and canon EasyPrints which was recommended in online forums. It apparently had dll. incompatibility with older PCs. I think there are missing files for reading some of your scripts, but I need to know what type of scripting you use. My Java is updated. Nothing helps. All of this ONLY happems in Smugmug.

Thanks for any help I am pulling my hair out. And trying to do a lens review right now. I would love some answers to this!
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Sorry you are having problems!!

I would recommend that you check the following settings in your browser (IE 6):

Tools > Options > Security > Custom Level
    Binary and Script Behaviors: Enabled

Make sure that your script behaviors are enabled.

See if that helps at all.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Thank you Barb! You were right on!clap.gifthumb.gif
    wow I feel spoiled having buttons now! ;~)
    probably one of those famous norton updates that had changed it.
    You make it too simple Barb, thnx again.
    The only problem I can still see whch may not be related. :
    I always allow exif and camera settings to show. Lately there is no exif even though I have a check to allow them. Frustrating for a lens review.?? allowed public.
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Linda,

Sorry you are having problems!!

I would recommend that you check the following settings in your browser (IE 6):

Tools > Options > Security > Custom Level
    Binary and Script Behaviors: Enabled

Make sure that your script behaviors are enabled.

See if that helps at all.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Thank you Barb! You were right on!clap.gifthumb.gif
    wow I feel spoiled having buttons now! ;~)
    probably one of those famous norton updates that had changed it.
    You make it too simple Barb, thnx again.
    The only problem I can still see whch may not be related. :
    I always allow exif and camera settings to show. Lately there is no exif even though I have a check to allow them. Frustrating for a lens review.?? allowed public.
    Did you saveforweb? Some other action that strips the exif?
    edited July 7, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Did you saveforweb? Some other action that strips the exif?
    Hi Andy, I think the exif prob is in my PaintshopPro. Although it is activated to show all exif and does with the original photo. But when I save the small smugmug photo [I do not use save-to-web] the exif is lost. I went to file preferences, etc. and I see no place to make this work. I had uninstalled my PSP and reinstalled with the disk, and realized its been that way since that. When I save a copy of original with reduced bytes the exif is intact. I'll have to go ask at a PSP forum. Any idea appreciated.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Hi Andy, I think the exif prob is in my PaintshopPro. Although it is activated to show all exif and does with the original photo. But when I save the small smugmug photo [I do not use save-to-web] the exif is lost. I went to file preferences, etc. and I see no place to make this work. I had uninstalled my PSP and reinstalled with the disk, and realized its been that way since that. When I save a copy of original with reduced bytes the exif is intact. I'll have to go ask at a PSP forum. Any idea appreciated.
    This what you're looking for? "Save as" Options button. PSPX
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited July 8, 2008
    Thanks so much Allen! That one had a check in it, but In my export/optomizer it was unchecked, so because of you I found it! iloveyou.gif tnx
    Allen wrote:
    This what you're looking for? "Save as" Options button. PSPX