Options

Another Fireworks Thread

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited July 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
These were taking from underneath a raised train tracks in Amityville, NY.

They shot them off from across the street in a parking lot from where I was... great if your a spectator, but a BAD SPOT for photographing the fireworks. Even at 18mm, the fireworks were still too far spread out to fit... I ended up moving after a while but still, the shots wernt that great.

Next year i'll move to a different spot and stay further away. Im going to try shooting the famous Jones Beach fireworks tonight, but heres a few (one guy sat next to my tripod, basically leaning against it.. i kept telling him hes on my tripod but i thikn he was drunk so the tripod got moved in later shots and some of the tracks appeared, cutting off my images)

2637108918_7f833376c8_b.jpg

2636283447_bef07ee3b3_b.jpg

2637108356_1f8512a55c_b.jpg

2637107540_0d8bfcd8d9_b.jpg

2637107324_44b4c8ce64_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    These are all great! The first one is my favorite: I love the colors! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
  • Options
    VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Thanks, woulda been great had i not decided to shoot from ACROSS THE STREET from where they launched, that was a big mistake.

I'm gonna attempt jones beach tonight, we'll see how that goes. Im just gonna shoot from my truck, so i can get outta there FAST.

Btw, like i said, you can see the top of the train platform, top right, lol... OOOOPS