Stitched Leather

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
SLR-leather_DSC6135.jpg

C&C invited.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Nice....did someone get a new car :D
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice....did someone get a new car :D

I WISH!! It's the Mercedes McLaren SLR roadster, as seen in this link. It's about $710,000.00 out of my price range, at this time. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I WISH!! It's the Mercedes McLaren SLR roadster, as seen in this link. It's about $710,000.00 out of my price range, at this time. :D

Ouch...that is pricey. But I'd take one in Black thumb.gif
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Howdy Lee,

Nice and Crisp shot, wonderful craftsmanship!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Hi Lee...

Nice work on this one. I know a guy here in Jacksonville who leased one of these things. He paid a one-time lease payment of $210,000 on a two-year lease. The MSRP on the car was $457,000. Several dealers who could have gotten an SLR passed on the offer because the dealers who took one were required to buy a particular piece of equipment to service the car......this piece of equipment cost $30,000.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Thank you all for your kind comments.
    Hi Lee...

Nice work on this one. I know a guy here in Jacksonville who leased one of these things. He paid a one-time lease payment of $210,000 on a two-year lease. The MSRP on the car was $457,000. Several dealers who could have gotten an SLR passed on the offer because the dealers who took one were required to buy a particular piece of equipment to service the car......this piece of equipment cost $30,000.

Howdy, Tom.

Thank you for the compliment. The guy you know must have leased a coupe, because $457,000.00 is the going price for one of those. They're beautiful cars. I shot this one at the Father's Day Concours de Elegance in Beverly Hills. Horrible environment for photography, unfortunately.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Hi Lee,

You're right.....it was the coupe that the guy I know got. A beautiful black one. He took me for a ride in it. It is a fairly brutal piece of equipment, and I'm used to high performance stuff. He's an older guy and I think he is, frankly, scared of the car. Probably a good thing.

You're correct about car shows generally being terrible environments for shooting ....crowds everywhere, forced angles of shooting, lighting you have no control over, etc., etc. But I do a lot of it and really enjoy it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    *wipes tears away*
    Expensive!!!