Options

Whatever Happened to Kenny?

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
491-crp7520w.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    OK, the picture is telling the story, I am thinking Kenny is a familiar tramp who sits at the side of the road\bridge everyday??

The picture, to much of nothing, virtually the top half the picture is nothing, I would suggest a crop vertically where the joint is in the top rail of the fence on the left and across at some proportional point. I would also suggest a little lightness to bring out the details in the bottom right area??

That's my take on it

Tim
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    draggin wrote:
    OK, the picture is telling the story, I am thinking Kenny is a familiar tramp who sits at the side of the road\bridge everyday??

The picture, to much of nothing, virtually the top half the picture is nothing, I would suggest a crop vertically where the joint is in the top rail of the fence on the left and across at some proportional point. I would also suggest a little lightness to bring out the details in the bottom right area??

That's my take on it

Tim

Pretty good. I can go for the crop- probably to square. I wanted to use the dead space to make ~Kenny kind of small and insignificant but cropping doesn't seem to change that and makes the shot better.

c491-crp7520w.jpg

Too small now for my original intention, so no sense in playing with the lightness. But it does look better. Maybe ~Kenny will be there next week when I go back :)
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    I think if you had cropped it so it oblong (aspect ratio crop) so you left a bit more of the sky in place, it would of looked ok.

Tim
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    I think it is better without the crop. And i love this photo!
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    I think it is better without the crop. And i love this photo!

After going around with it a few times, and all things considered, I'm heading back to see if Kenny's still there and reshoot. If not, I'm going to stick with the original. Thnx.
    Anybody can do it.