Phil

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited July 5, 2008 in People
this is my brother in law, Phil. he is almost impossible to take a good picture of. He just doesn't like having his pic taken and will rarely cooperate. I thought this one was OK, but a couple just before the pic capture a bit o emotion i was please with. Not quite in focus, I know, but it was touching to me. Maybe you have to know Phil.

325694051_7A4p7-M.jpg

325693959_AeRkZ-M.jpg

325693994_Jq99N-M.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    I think everyone has an "Uncle Phil" someone who doesn't like to have his picture taken and, it therefore, not looking good in any pictures.

Too bad about #3 - Had it been in focus, it would have been the clear winner for me!
  • cloakcloak Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    I'm just like Uncle Phil, always behind the camera and go to great lengths to make sure there are very few pictures of me. :)

Good pictures, I like the emotion you have captured given that personality.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Can I ask what you are lighting him with in #1?
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    There's an Uncle Phil in every family, or maybe even an Aunt Marie (she was in my family!). Is the boy his son or nephew??? I think if you let Uncle Phil know how meaningful these photos will be to the young boy in the future, he might realize how important it is for everyone to be a part of the family history. I agree w/Scott, that it's too bad the last one is out of focus. I think the first one if cropped to an 8 x 10 portrait could still turn out pretty nice for Uncle Phil. I love the big grin on the boy's face! I was thinking along these lines: (If you would prefer that I remove this, PM me!) I left room for framing, but would really like it cropped even tighter and more off center. I think Uncle P looks pretty relaxed after you remove all the dead space around him.

325826413_M2qB9-S.jpg
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Can I ask what you are lighting him with in #1?

They are all taken in the shade, color balance corrected in RAW. It is about 7 in the evening and the whole back yard is shaded by that time.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    nice crop. I like that. Kael (sounds like sale) is his only son. the vignetting is a nice touch too.