Emily

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited July 6, 2008 in People
My best friend wanted me to do some pictures of her.
This is a break-through of sorts since I'm one to annoy my friends for pictures quite frequently.
This is, to my great pleasure, just a warm up. We took these shots on Canada Day instead of eating cake and being disappointed we weren't kids anymore and hence couldn't play the games.

All done with avaliable light

Emily

1. Saved from over-exposure - sorta... :)

325794639_6k9z8-M.jpg

325802413_q97ib-M.jpg

325803655_cJtDD-M.jpg

4. (a blurry but I think interesting mood)

325802017_hbLPB-M.jpg

Critiques and comments welcome.

Cheers,
a.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    If this is a 'warm-up' then the next time you get together they should be super! I'm drawn mostly to #3. I like her expression and pose in this one. I like the high contrast in #1, works well. #2 is a little harsher on the eyes due to all of the cement, but I like the composition. I'm not too keen on shots taken from below as in #4. The angle never seems very flattering to me. Over all a nice set, and she seems relaxed and is very photogenic. thumb.gif (Nice to have someone 'ask' for photos for a change, isn't it!!)
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Thanks for your comments.
    And yeah, its nice to have people ask for a change. :)
    I understand about the cement in #2 but I was really drawn to the composition of the whole thing. Especially, since it was very "oooo, nice light! Sit here for no more than a minute and we are off again"...I think I'm learning slowly to branch out from the headshots I have done so much of really.
    thanks again,
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com