Options

Life imatates art

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
326040400_Jc6Yq-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Very pretty. thumb.gif You might consider straightening the rectangle with the yellow border (if possible).
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Very nice composition BM. I think the bottom left end of the sill is sagging a bit which makes it look tilted and not parrallel to the bottom of the background. The side and top of the window are plumb and level however.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Hi Dan and Jack....

Thanks to you guys for taking a look. Yea, there's not much you can do when a primary subject ( in this case, the window frame ) is not square. You square up the parts you can, the rest has to slide. That's OK with me though. Old, hand-crafted stuff is seldom perfect anyway....part of its charm.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Beautiful shot, Tom! Great colors and exposure. Nice capture. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Hi Lee...

Thanks for your comments. That means a lot to me.

Tom
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    I agree...very good indeed thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Hi Mary....

Thanks for looking and your kind comment.

Tom
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Hi Mary....

Thanks for looking and your kind comment.

Tom

Your welcome...it's nice looking at something so colorful :D
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    I would cut off a 1/3 of your dead yellow weight on the right side of the picture. It pulls my eyes away from appreciating the flowers and the glass playing. It's like someone planned these sorts of photos and you were there to capture the joke. :D
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    cmorgan....

I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from, but....coming from you....it must be meant as a hell of a compliment. As such, I thank you very much.

Tom