People from the parade

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
edited July 6, 2008 in People
I'm starting to learn how to take people. I figure the 4th of July Parade would be a great place to practice. Here are a few of the shots I like.

1. Officer watching parade line
325406327_jYbCo-M.jpg

2. WWII Vet
325408127_bkP2b-M.jpg

3. Dancer in parade
325410544_GAjUs-M.jpg

Comments

• Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Good job on the first one not getting a shadow on his face from his hat. The second one I don't really like because you can't see your main subject. If you were trying to photo the vet then maybe you could have waited until the female was out of his way. The last one seems out of focus to me. Taking great candid shots of people can be hard. Keep up the practice and looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Hope this helped you a little bit.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    All three appear a tad soft to me. Also, you have some purple fringing issues with the lens you are using. It is quite evident in the lady's chin on #2.
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:
    Good job on the first one not getting a shadow on his face from his hat. The second one I don't really like because you can't see your main subject. If you were trying to photo the vet then maybe you could have waited until the female was out of his way. The last one seems out of focus to me. Taking great candid shots of people can be hard. Keep up the practice and looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Hope this helped you a little bit.

Actully I wanted the lady, who is also a vet, was the one I was going after. I just upset I couldn't get a clear shot because two people moved infront of me while trying to frame it. The picture of the girl was a tight crop off the the more complete photo below.

325410528_pufJA-S.jpg
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    All three appear a tad soft to me. Also, you have some purple fringing issues with the lens you are using. It is quite evident in the lady's chin on #2.

I shoot using a hybrid DLSR, so I can't change lenses. (The lens is a Schneider-Kreuznack with Varioplan Zoom 7.8 -39mm) I noticed the purple after you pointed it out, it actully is the reflection off of the bar with the banner the lady is holding in the full shot. Thanks for pointing it out. See below.

326660042_K9HcD-S.jpg