Options

Trouble with Edit Captions (Bulk)

AOguruAOguru Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 17, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a gallery with 226 photos. When I try to edit captions in bulk, my browser freezes (all of them). I have no trouble editing in bulk on other galleries with tens of photos.

Is there some limit on number of photos for editing captions?

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    There should be no problem, mind sending me a link to what gallery and telling me what browser/os you are using?
    AOguru wrote:
    I have a gallery with 226 photos. When I try to edit captions in bulk, my browser freezes (all of them). I have no trouble editing in bulk on other galleries with tens of photos.

Is there some limit on number of photos for editing captions?
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    There should be no problem, mind sending me a link to what gallery and telling me what browser/os you are using?
    I am using Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050317 Firefox/1.0.2, a PowerBook G4 15 inch, 1.5 Ghz version, and Mac OS X v 3.6.

I get the same behavior with Safari, and the old IE for the Mac.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to help@smugmug.com.

I have a gallery with 226 photos:

http://rqf.smugmug.com/photos/19870406-M.jpg

When I use Photo Tools to edit the captions in bulk, my browser(s) freeze and can’t do anything but quit the browser and restart it.

I am having no problem with my other galleries that have many fewer photos.

What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any advice or help — I don’t want to individually remove captions on these photos.

Thanks,

Bob Fugate
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2005
    One more thing
    {JT} wrote:
    I went ahead and manually removed all captions (put there by iView Media Pro when I resized the original images for upload) by opening the Edit Captions dialog for each picture individually. So, currently, there are no captions on the photos.

So, does anyone know a convenient way to prevent, eliminate, or control the captions attached to jpeg files by editing software?
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2005
    Figured it out for iView Media Pro
    AOguru wrote:
    I went ahead and manually removed all captions (put there by iView Media Pro when I resized the original images for upload) by opening the Edit Captions dialog for each picture individually. So, currently, there are no captions on the photos.

So, does anyone know a convenient way to prevent, eliminate, or control the captions attached to jpeg files by editing software?
    It is easy to batch edit captions in iView Media Pro using the Info dialogs and Auto Fill. Nevermind.