Options

STREET: Seattle Pike Place

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited July 6, 2008 in Street and Documentary
Seattle's Pike Place Market is so iconic and well-known it's a cliche waiting to happen but perhaps ...

marketnights_016.jpg

Comments

• Options
    VysionousVysionous Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Love that shot, awesome angle and colors, and the moving lady really gives it a flavor. Only one thing stands in my way enjoying that picture. The oversharpening. As you can see, the busy part on the left has many edges and lines, just a bit too much for my eye. Also, a side effect of the sharpening is the white fringing on the cables in the sky.

But great none the less.
    In the dawn, an angel was dancing. Surrounded by an aura of light.
    But in the shadows, Vysionous was watching, and with patience awaiting the night.

http://vysionous.deviantart.com
  • Options
    seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Vysionous wrote:
    Love that shot, awesome angle and colors, and the moving lady really gives it a flavor. Only one thing stands in my way enjoying that picture. The oversharpening. As you can see, the busy part on the left has many edges and lines, just a bit too much for my eye. Also, a side effect of the sharpening is the white fringing on the cables in the sky.

But great none the less.

Hmmm, good point :)) I do tend to sharpen the final small jpg file for web presentation and went just a bit too far on this one. Thanks for the feedback.

... and then there's the problem of darn sensor dust in graduated skies ...

marketnights_017.jpg
  • Options
    VysionousVysionous Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Yeah thats such a pain, but you could always stamp them to death. :rambo
    In the dawn, an angel was dancing. Surrounded by an aura of light.
    But in the shadows, Vysionous was watching, and with patience awaiting the night.

http://vysionous.deviantart.com