Return of the Rebel

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in Sports
Last week my 5D was damaged when I tried to use a product called dust-aid. There is a coating on top of the AA filter, and Canon has delivered a few camera's with defective coating adhesion. The Dust-aid product has a very weak tacky side you use on the sensor (AA filter), and this acts like scotch tape on your coat or sweater picking up the dust. Unfortunately (apparently) the coating on my 5D was so defective the Dust-aid tacky pad pulled off a good chunk of the coating. :cry

The good news is Dust-aid has worked out the issue with Canon, and I sent the camera to Dust-aid who will in turn send it to Canon who will repair the camera at no charge.

I was able to borrow a 5D for a recent event shooting a political fund raiser, but alas the owner wanted it back the day after. The nerve I know.

Anyway I went over to a horse jumping event JC was shooting and brought my old Rebel.

I was surprised at how well it did. While it is slow at everything it does, and isn't nearly as much fun to shoot with as the 5D, the images aren't too bad.

This is the highest I have seen horses jump, and I will tell you it's impressive.:D

Here are two examples of the old Rebel in action.

Sam

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    That really is waaay up there. Those fences are more than a meter and a half high, aren't they? Good shooting thumb.gif

I've just completed a three day tutorial into the sport, our fences were set at about 50-60 cm. Not much of a jump for the horse, but exciting and fun from the saddle!

I hope you get your camera back in good shape soon!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Not only way up there, but with the fences that far apart....that's good stuff.clap.gifclap.gif Nice shooting Sam
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!