Options

Not very happy about this Arrange Photos

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited July 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I spent a great deal of time to drag and drop arrange photos in one of my galleries. I click "Done" at the top of the page (Save would have sounded better than done) and..........

it did NOT save the "arrangement". I'm going to tell you, I'm none too happy about this. I do not like wasting my time, I don't have any to waste!

Can someone please tell me what caused that to happen?
Is this something I can expect is going to happen again and again?
Is using the arrange photos "drag and drop" not working or unreliable?
Is this a "bug" I just was not aware of yet?

360photostock.com

It's no secret that I'm a BIG smug fan but jeez.....
this is one frustrating situation!

Whew........ Ok. There, I got it all out.

Thank you...... I anxiously await your reply :-)

Markjay
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 6, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    I spent a great deal of time to drag and drop arrange photos in one of my galleries. I click "Done" at the top of the page (Save would have sounded better than done) and..........

it did NOT save the "arrangement". I'm going to tell you, I'm none too happy about this. I do not like wasting my time, I don't have any to waste!

Can someone please tell me what caused that to happen?
    Is this something I can expect is going to happen again and again?
    Is using the arrange photos "drag and drop" not working or unreliable?
    Is this a "bug" I just was not aware of yet?

360photostock.com

It's no secret that I'm a BIG smug fan but jeez.....
    this is one frustrating situation!

Whew........ Ok. There, I got it all out.

Thank you...... I anxiously await your reply :-)

Markjay

Hi :)

Do you have the auto sort in your gallery settings set to None? If it is set to anything else, i.e., sort by date, caption, filename, then you cannot use the arrange photos feature. If you will give us a link to the gallery, we'd be happy to take a look.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    There is some discussion about arrange photos problems in this thread, don't know if you are seeing the same problem or if it has been fixed - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=98144.

--- Denise

That's been fixed but not yet pushed live. That should be done in the near future :)

That is only via Arrange Photos in your photo tools. Sounds like he is having problems with the Drag & Drop which is working fine, as far as I know!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Set to none
    That gallery as ALL my galleries... is set to none. I have never set a pre-sort criteria for my galleries as I like to have full control :-)

http://360photostock.smugmug.com/gallery/4654275_tFtA4/1/277715838_cgCF3#277715838_cgCF3

I'll stop what I'm doing in there so you can "play" and see what's happening... I need to get away from it for a few anyway... every minute I look at it I'm getting more (I'll be friendly here) tense :-)

Markjay
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)

Do you have the auto sort in your gallery settings set to None? If it is set to anything else, i.e., sort by date, caption, filename, then you cannot use the arrange photos feature. If you will give us a link to the gallery, we'd be happy to take a look.
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Another question.....
    Since I was taking my sweet time doing the arranging....
    does the amount of time you have that feature "open" or running matter?

Thanks for looking in to this problem.

BTW: I am using FF 3.0 if that helps you diagnose this?

Barb wrote:
    That's been fixed but not yet pushed live. That should be done in the near future :)

That is only via Arrange Photos in your photo tools. Sounds like he is having problems with the Drag & Drop which is working fine, as far as I know!
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    That gallery as ALL my galleries... is set to none. I have never set a pre-sort criteria for my galleries as I like to have full control :-)

http://360photostock.smugmug.com/gallery/4654275_tFtA4/1/277715838_cgCF3#277715838_cgCF3

I'll stop what I'm doing in there so you can "play" and see what's happening... I need to get away from it for a few anyway... every minute I look at it I'm getting more (I'll be friendly here) tense :-)

Markjay

Hi,

Thx for the link :)

I just moved the second image (the orange Company Name image) to the first position using Photo Tools --> Drag to Arrange. It worked fine. Is that the arrange tool you are using?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Since I was taking my sweet time doing the arranging....
    does the amount of time you have that feature "open" or running matter?

Thanks for looking in to this problem.

BTW: I am using FF 3.0 if that helps you diagnose this?

That I don't know. I'm also using FF3 and it worked fine. But I might be using a different arrange tool. I used Photo Tools --> Drag to Arrange.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    That's the tool
    Yup! Same tool. Photo tools drop down Drag Drop Arrange I arranged practically the entire gallery around ......... and poof all gone! :-(

Of course you would find it in perfect working order......
    even my dog stops limping when I walk her into the vet's office. lol

My luck
    Barb wrote:
    That I don't know. I'm also using FF3 and it worked fine. But I might be using a different arrange tool. I used Photo Tools --> Drag to Arrange.
    Markjay
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    There are big problems with arranging in Smugmug.
    I had to post over and over here before I could get anyone to even admit there was a problem. I have been fighting this for months.
    If you have your gallery set to descending and none it will change your order and it is very frustrating. What ever they did in the last "fix" has made things even worse. I can no longer arrange my pictures.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com