Options

Young doctors

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in Technique
Canon 5D + 16-35 f/2.8 L USM + ST-E2 + 580 EX II bounced to the ceiling.
326735600_9iYha-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 6, 2008
    Attractive couple.

16-35mm is not a typical portrait lens, but it seems to have worked well here.

Very nice, Antonio.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    Attractive couple.

16-35mm is not a typical portrait lens, but it seems to have worked well here.

Very nice, Antonio.

bowdown.gif Jim.

I was shooting with that lens because I was making some shots of her mother's anniversary with some people around.

This picture is a crop of the original, which is very "wide" (?).

Tomorrow I will try to work a bit more on the image to fine tune it and try to make it better.

What happened to me - again, again - is that I had the compensation set to (-) 1/3 of the normal exposure. I always forget to reset the camera !
    I must get used to reset it every time I finish the pictures. :bash:bash:bash

Cheers. :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 6, 2008
    I don't want to be mis-understood here, Antonio, my comments did not suggest any criticism whatsoever.

The point I was trying to make about portraits with the 16-35 is that is takes some skill to do it. Most portraits are shot with mild telephotos, but that any lens can be used for protraits if done with skill and care as you certainly did in this image. Kudos to you!thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    I don't want to be mis-understood here, Antonio, my comments did not suggest any criticism whatsoever. The point I was trying to make about portraits with the 16-35 is that is takes some skill to do it. Most portraits are shot with mild telephotos, but that any lens can be used for protraits if done with skill and care as you certainly did in this image. Kudos to you!thumb.gif

Helli Jim:D
    Even if you were making any criticism, it would be wellcomed. It is with criticism that we grow up.thumb.gif And also by imitation.

I am aware that wide angle lens make some barrel distortion - larger on the full framed cameras - and this is why I was not too close to them.
    I am at work now but I intend - if I remember - to post here the original picture for you to see where I was.

Very flatering of you to tell me that I was using the lens with skill and care.
    A funny thing however: I act by instinct, by impulse. I only think that I have to master the flashes not the crop.:D

thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    Jim.
    I have done the picture again but... but ... with Lightroom ! mwink.gif
    The result is far better as you can see.thumb.gif
    I insert here the original for you to see. I don't get closer that this distance with the 16-35 !
    327370361_4zVzo-M.jpg
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    both shots very nice indeed.....you should start teaching to earn EXTRA money for your addictive habit:D:D:D

Once again......VERY NICE INDEED!!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    both shots very nice indeed.....you should start teaching to earn EXTRA money for your addictive habit:D:D:D

Once again......VERY NICE INDEED!!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Will you please teach me how to ? :D:D:D
    bowdown.gif Arthur.
    (Arthur is a nice name. Remember Rick Wakeman and the Knithts of the Round Table ?? iloveyou.gif)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Will you please teach me how to ? :D:D:D
    bowdown.gif Arthur.
    (Arthur is a nice name. Remember Rick Wakeman and the Knights of the Round Table ?? iloveyou.gif)
    YES.... that Rick Wakeman........I think I still have 331/3 vinyls of King Arthur and Journey to the Center........and also CD's now..................Arthur is also a very common name....was thinking of changing it to the Czech: Artur......but that was taken by a Czech Greyhound named after me ....:D:D rolleyes1.gif:D:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    clap.gifrolleyes1.gif