edited July 7, 2008 in People
Canon 5D + ST-E2 + 430 EX + 580 EX II + Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
I still have much to practice, before I get a better result. :wink
326740160_c5hSP-XL.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 6, 2008
    Antonio, you are getting really good with your 5D and off camera flash.thumb.gif

I think you are ready for another level up.clap.gif

I find the background in this image slightly busy.:hide One way you can diminish that, is to shoot the 5D in Manual mode with your flashes in ETTL, and control the exposure of the background differently than the subject in the forground. With a slightly higher shutter speed, you can keep the background 1/2 to 1.5 stops darker than the subject, and this helps separate the subject from the background.

Just a thought for your consideration, if you think it has any merit whatsoever.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    ...I think you are ready for another level up...
    And that is ...ne_nau.gif
    pathfinder wrote:
    I find the background in this image slightly busy.:hide One way you can diminish that, is to shoot the 5D in Manual mode with your flashes in ETTL, and control the exposure of the background differently than the subject in the forground. With a slightly higher shutter speed, you can keep the background 1/2 to 1.5 stops darker than the subject, and this helps separate the subject from the background.

Just a thought for your consideration, if you think it has any merit whatsoever.

Thank you Jim.
    I know this already but you did well reminding it to me again.:D
    At the moment I was more concentrated on lighting her properly, guidding her around not to get a spot of light on our left from the flash behind her brother was holding.
    This was 1 shot out of 12.

I couldn't remember to increase the shutter speed to darken the background, but I could remember to move her and myself to get that one:D, which is not in fact, a very good one:cry

Next time.mwink.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook