Underwater P & S

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited July 7, 2008 in People
Just started using an underwater point and shoot - Olympus Stylus 1030SW - and while it doesn't have RAW or flash compensation, it does pretty well.

This is from our swimming hole July 4th, available light.

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    cool. thanks posting. What does the color look like?
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    cool. thanks posting. What does the color look like?

Like this ... although i like the black and white better ...
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Welcome back my friend bowdown.gif

I have looked into getting one of these cameras myself. I too am dissapointed in the no RAW- Does it have manual settings though? I cannot remember.

Look forward to more of your work and knowledge. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Welcome back my friend bowdown.gif

I have looked into getting one of these cameras myself. I too am dissapointed in the no RAW- Does it have manual settings though? I cannot remember.

Look forward to more of your work and knowledge. thumb.gif

No manual but i do pretty well adjusting ISO, rolling down the exposure compensation and sticking a band-aid over the flash (course i sometimes do this with my 580 speedlite too). Seriously :))

Need a G9, with no shutter lag, that is waterproof. I may go back to film for some low light street work ... wish i could afford a leica. I almost bought a Nikonos at a pawn shop the other day ... but all considered I'm happy with this Olympus.

As you can see, it's just got such potential for fun, kinda weird fun :)) ...
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    seastack wrote:
    No manual but i do pretty well adjusting ISO, rolling down the exposure compensation and sticking a band-aid over the flash (course i sometimes do this with my 580 speedlite too). Seriously :))

Need a G9, with no shutter lag, that is waterproof. I may go back to film for some low light street work ... wish i could afford a leica. I almost bought a Nikonos at a pawn shop the other day ... but all considered I'm happy with this Olympus.

As you can see, it's just got such potential for fun, kinda weird fun :)) ...

They just need to add Raw and manual to the Olympus and it will be all I want in a P&S. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion