Options

what does c/fd mean?

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited April 19, 2005 in Cameras
My local shop has a used 400mm f2.8L listed at cdn $3199.

I can't afford it, even though it sounds like a good price for sunch a beast.

ann

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    FD is an older type of lens and mounting system (manual focus only). They don't work with the newer EF/EF-S lens mounts. EF lenses/mounts came out to support auto focus lenses.

Ann McRae wrote:

I can't afford it, even though it sounds like a good price for sunch a beast.

ann
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Thanks, Shay.

ann

FD is an older type of lens and mounting system (manual focus only). They don't work with the newer EF/EF-S lens mounts. EF lenses/mounts came out to support auto focus lenses.
  • Options
    Ldavids@northwestern.eduLdavids@northwestern.edu Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 18, 2005
    C/FD mount lenses
    This is an older Canon lens with an FD style mount. A quote from the Internet: "[font=Arial, verdana, helvetica, Comic Sans MS]ALL Canon FD mount SLRs have long been discontinued[/font] ". So, unless you have an older camera, this is not a lens that would fit your needs. Sorry about the lack on contrast for this message (at least on my computer). Complain to Smugmug. If your local store has the lens, try it out on your camera and see if it works.

L.
    Ann McRae wrote:

I can't afford it, even though it sounds like a good price for such a beast.

ann
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited April 19, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My local shop has a used 400mm f2.8L listed at cdn $3199. I can't afford it, even though it sounds like a good price for sunch a beast.
    ann

Hey! That would fit on my Canon AT-1 from 1977. :D

Oh, wait....... that would mean I need to buy film. And perhaps a battery. And a dust cloth. Errrrr.

:hide
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky