Owner view layout different from Visitor view?

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited July 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why the Owner view of a gallery would be so different from the Visitor view. The Owner view displays a much larger image with fewer thumbnail columns. This is the view I prefer. However, when I switch to Visitor view, the preview image is smaller and my number of thumbnail columns has increased. In the gallery I have allowed for viewing original size images. So I'm not sure what I might be missing.

Owner View:
327275631_kHMqe-O.jpg

Visitor View:
327275658_Maajc-O.jpg

Any suggestions would be much appreciated . . .

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited July 7, 2008
    The difference is because there is less space available on the screen in visitor view than there is in owner view, and the size of the large photo in smugmug style is based on the amount of available space in the browser.

Visitor view is helpful, but to see exactly what your visitors will see I'd recommend using a second browser - one where you are not logged in.

For example, you could use Firefox logged in and IE7 logged out.

--- Denise
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    The difference is because there is less space available on the screen in visitor view than there is in owner view, and the size of the large photo in smugmug style is based on the amount of available space in the browser.

Visitor view is helpful, but to see exactly what your visitors will see I'd recommend using a second browser - one where you are not logged in.

For example, you could use Firefox logged in and IE7 logged out.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise! Appreciate the response and tip. It looks good logged out.

Peter