Options

Serious Camera??

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 19, 2005 in Cameras
Ok, you may not think so but the gal using this is working towards her Masters in photography. Interesting what you can get with these. Very long exposures though.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Izzat a pinhole? Hey, anyone who makes their own camera gets my instant respect. What better way to understand the physics of the thing?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Izzat a pinhole? Hey, anyone who makes their own camera gets my instant respect. What better way to understand the physics of the thing?

I made one, and gave it to my sister as a present, I'll see if I can't get her to take a picture of it, it's really neat, I painted it to look like a leather box and put polished brass fittings from an antique hardware store on it. I've got the photos I took with it lying around somewhere, I 'll have to see if I can't find 'em

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    I made my own pinhole camera in High school...but nothing like that!!
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    edited April 18, 2005
    Same here, made my own pin hole camera and glass plate film for a Jr. High Science Fair project. Used candy tin with a removable lid and made the film using gelatin, Silver Nitrate and Potasium Bromide - it worked - not great, but you could make out shapes of objects.

My mother is still pissed about the hand print (courtesy of silver nitrate) that is still on the wall in the closet I was using as a dark room, it comes right through the paint rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Humungus made some really nice pinhole shots.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    They are certainly great fun to shoot with Sam as you never know what you will get & watching it emerge under red light whilst choking on sulphur fumes only adds to the thrill.

On the right you can see my curved focal planes to reduce the fisheye effect.

244778-M-1.jpg

Here are some i have scanned...i really should redo them so as to get the B&W effect more dramatic in P/shop. Most of these are done at f/ 350 to f/400.