Options

New cart is soooooo slllllllloooooowwwww

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited July 8, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm trying to purchase about 30 shots from my new site and the cart page is taking a long long time to load and/or process. If I was a client, I would have abandoned ship a while ago.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it a new cart thing, an old cart thing, or just a cart thing?
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Ryan, ouch - we're pretty sure that the new cart is actually a whole lot faster than the olde cart.

Something else is going on with your connection to us. Please email our heroes and let us help.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 7, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    I'm trying to purchase about 30 shots from my new site and the cart page is taking a long long time to load and/or process. If I was a client, I would have abandoned ship a while ago.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it a new cart thing, an old cart thing, or just a cart thing?
    Ryan,

where exactly is it taking a long time? After you click the cart icon? The cart page comes up but you don't see anything? Going from step to step in the cart?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Oh sorry Andy --- didn't mean to give you bad publicity - but I guess that is how that all read. Yikes. Sorry about that.

BWG - The cart is slow when I re-enter it after I've already loaded it with a bunch (~30) photos. Sometimes it hangs and hangs so I close it down. Just now, I closed it down, reopend a new FF browser tab and went back in - and it loaded up nice and quick.

Anything else you need from me to help you guys - just let me know.

Again, I'll watch how I say things here in dgrin. I love my smugmug and don't want to hurt it's beautiful reputation as a leader in customer satisfaction.

Cheers,
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 8, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    Oh sorry Andy --- didn't mean to give you bad publicity - but I guess that is how that all read. Yikes. Sorry about that.

BWG - The cart is slow when I re-enter it after I've already loaded it with a bunch (~30) photos. Sometimes it hangs and hangs so I close it down. Just now, I closed it down, reopend a new FF browser tab and went back in - and it loaded up nice and quick.

Anything else you need from me to help you guys - just let me know.

Again, I'll watch how I say things here in dgrin. I love my smugmug and don't want to hurt it's beautiful reputation as a leader in customer satisfaction.

Cheers,
    Is this a repeatable thing? How are you putting items in your cart?

When you say re-enter...you already have ~30 items in there, you're browsing galleries and you click the cart icon in the header?

I'm curious if you have any extensions or anything running in firefox? Going back into the cart should be FASTER than going in the first time. Very much so actually.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    Hah don't worry about that at all :D We aren't.

We just want to get you fast again!