Options

Some people call it crazy, I call it fun!

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited April 20, 2005 in Sports
I was looking for some pinhole camera photos this afternoon and found this shot of me instead. It's always steeper when you're looking down it. It's vert for about 5 feet and then has another 5 feet of roll out. (It felt alot more impressive than it looks) I started downhill mountainbiking about 3 years ago and this was one of the first "crazy" drops that we thought was worth taking a picture of. 1 Busted rib, 1 dislocated shoulder. 1 Face plant, and plenty of "flying squirrels" later, I still love it. (But now I wear a full face helmet, and motorcycle riot jacket...)

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 18, 2005
    Ian,

This sounds like skiing. Where the drop looks scary to you from the top of the hill and tame to folks looking up from below eek7.gif Way to stick it out, even after the injuries thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Ian,

This sounds like skiing. Where the drop looks scary to you from the top of the hill and tame to folks looking up from below eek7.gif Way to stick it out, even after the injuries thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve

Yeah, after my shoulder heals I'm gonna see if I can't get some decent midair shots.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur