Well Aware of Me

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited April 19, 2005 in People
What a cute little girl. I have no idea who she was, some relative of a friend at his wedding.

19297368-M.jpg

I know the shot's a bit soft, and to be honest, I kind of don't mind it in this case. I am considering a crop, but, I kind of like the backround a little. Show's enviroment. Anyone care to offer suggestions? Should it be a tight crop? Or think it really should be sharper?

If anyone wants to fool with it, here's a large res. Only a basic jpg compression, though.

Thanks,
Chris
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    What a cute little girl. I have no idea who she was, some relative of a friend at his wedding.

19297368-M.jpg

I know the shot's a bit soft, and to be honest, I kind of don't mind it in this case. I am considering a crop, but, I kind of like the backround a little. Show's enviroment. Anyone care to offer suggestions? Should it be a tight crop? Or think it really should be sharper?

If anyone wants to fool with it, here's a large res. Only a basic jpg compression, though.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Cris, I'm thinking about more tight crop, if the quality alow... otherwise... I'd replace the background...
    Very cool 'model' !
    Yuri
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Thanks Yuri. I played with it a bit, the previous version was untouched.

Tighter crop, slightly brightened the eyes, a bit of usm all around. The image is a bit noisy, but not bad for iso 1600 in a D70.

What's the generall opinion of this crop?

19950413-M.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Chris
    Of course, she has a very cool clothes... but...
    1)I'd crop a bit lower her chin and added space to the left of the photo...
    You can easily remove her fingers at the bottom...
    So the composition will be 'Landscape', not 'portrat' orientation...
    2) You can: Duplicate layer in PS () Ctrl+J, select her face with hair, invert the selection and use blur, Radial blur - Zoom up to10%.
    Try...