Options

Patch Tool

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited July 8, 2008 in Technique
I have been looking at this months PhotoPlus magazine, Canon edition and there is an article on a digital makeover in 12 steps to improve portraits. The steps are taken in Photoshop CS3 and in order to soften wrinkles under-eye areas they refer to the Patch Tool. I have looked at all my icon tools on the left and there is no Patch Tool. I have found all the other tools that have been referred to in the process. Could it be they are referring to another tool and is calling it a Patch Tool?
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 8, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I have been looking at this months PhotoPlus magazine, Canon edition and there is an article on a digital makeover in 12 steps to improve portraits. The steps are taken in Photoshop CS3 and in order to soften wrinkles under-eye areas they refer to the Patch Tool. I have looked at all my icon tools on the left and there is no Patch Tool. I have found all the other tools that have been referred to in the process. Could it be they are referring to another tool and is calling it a Patch Tool?
    Regards
    Bob

The patch tool is in the healing brush group. Hold the healing brush icon down and a menu will pop up. It's there.
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    The patch tool is in the healing brush group. Hold the healing brush icon down and a menu will pop up. It's there.

Thanks Richard, I have found it and it is a great wee tool. I really appreciate your kind help.
    Regards
    Bob