Options

FS: Olympus C8080WZ

faust0maticfaust0matic Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited July 13, 2008 in The Other Guys
I'm asking $350 for this one.

What you get:
Olympus C8080 in excellent shape, no scratches, etc. The only thing wrong with it is the rubber for the front side of the grip is off. Some super glue or replacing the double back tape will cure this. I never used a neck strap with it, and I think the heat from holding it is what caused it to come off over time. It has seen very light use. DP Review gives it a "Highly Recommended" review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc8080wz/page20.asp

Original Olympus brand battery. The battery will still hold a charge for about 3-4 hours worth of shooting, but you can pick up cheap BLM1 batteries on Ebay for about $10 for two, if you want to extend your shooting time.

Remote: This is the remote that comes with the camera and it's great for family portraits or for when you're using the macro and super macro modes.

C8080 Manual: This is not the little one that was in the box. This is the extended one that comes on the CD in pdf format. I had a friend who works for Kinko's put together a spiral bound manual for me. This includes the info in the small manual + a lot more information about using the camera.

Charger: For the battery...duh ;)

Memory cards: Two XD cards: one Olympus 32mb and one Fuji 512mb. Two CF cards: one 1gb Sandisk card, and one 2gb Hitachi microdrive. None of these cards have seen much action. This is over 3.5GB worth of shooting time. Even if you shoot RAW, you will probably not fill all the cards. In case it's not clear why there's two types of memory here, it's because the C8080 has two memory card slots; one for XD and one for Compact Flash. When you fill one card, it will automatically switch to the other card and keep shooting. So with the cards I'm giving you you could have up to 2.5 GBs worth of storage in there at one time.

A little info on this camera: I bought this as a replacement for my aging Olympus C2030 3mp camera and I was extremely happy with the performance. The C8080 takes very sharp photos and the Olympus menu system is easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. It's extremely quiet and fires up very fast. The zoom range on the lens is decent for most stuff. If it were an SLR it'd be a good "walk around" lens. The lens is a 28-140 f/2.4-f/3.5 35mm equivalent. I'm only selling it since I now own 3 DSLRs and this doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Feel free to PM for photos of it, or photos taken with it and I'll answer any questions about it. I highly recommend reading the review link at the top of this page if you're seriously considering buying it. It's a great camera for someone who doesn't need an SLR, but wants more than a pocket camera.

I can meet with you somewhere to do the exchange or I can take payment via Pay Pal and ship it all Priority Mail for $10.

Comments

• Options
    faust0maticfaust0matic Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    If anyone is interested in this, let me know before Monday 11PM PST. After that I'm going to put it up on Ebay. I'm willing to hold it if you're short on cash.