Options

Previous / Next

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited April 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I know that you guys are redesigning the site to allow for pro-level customization, so if this will be taken care of at that time, please ignore this request / complaint.

I see two problems with the next / previous links:

1) they are not quite centered

2) they are way too stylized to be functional. I think this may be one of those things that's been around smugmug for so long, that all those who work with it day-in and day-out have become oblivious to the arrows. Take a good look. They are spades from a deck of playing cards. They might look nice, but they hardly fit into the minimalistic brand smugmug has built up. I have watched (painfully) people click the browser's back button and then click on the next thumbnail over and over again. I urge you to please put your heads together and come up with a more funtional solution.

-Winn

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    These have already been addressed in the new templates.
    winnjewett wrote:
    I know that you guys are redesigning the site to allow for pro-level customization, so if this will be taken care of at that time, please ignore this request / complaint.

I see two problems with the next / previous links:

1) they are not quite centered

2) they are way too stylized to be functional. I think this may be one of those things that's been around smugmug for so long, that all those who work with it day-in and day-out have become oblivious to the arrows. Take a good look. They are spades from a deck of playing cards. They might look nice, but they hardly fit into the minimalistic brand smugmug has built up. I have watched (painfully) people click the browser's back button and then click on the next thumbnail over and over again. I urge you to please put your heads together and come up with a more funtional solution.

-Winn
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    These have already been addressed in the new templates.
    Awesome. I look forward to the improvements.
    -winn