Saturday: Tina: Top Seven

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 10, 2008 in People
1. The eye has it (100mm macro, 22" beauty dish bare)

328489740_zwQ53-X2.jpg

2. Headshot (100mm macro, 22" beauty dish with sock)

328490016_vTvrE-X2.jpg

3. Playing with chair

328490363_uY2Es-X2.jpg

4. Playing with mask

328490920_KA2Ns-X2.jpg

5. Going tribal

328491265_fDhBA-X2.jpg

6. Masks off

328491581_yxF4g-X2.jpg

7. Going green

328491770_rTNRi-X2.jpg

C&C welcome!

Enjoy!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Love # 6, but I'm a leg man iloveyou.gif
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Wow Nik you are a shooting mad man of late deal.gif

#2 I like this one quite a bit but would like the earring on our right/ her left to be a little more in focus

#3 Pretty hot iloveyou.gif needs a little more light on her face though- my attention is drawn to the lower right because of the light in that area

#4 More light on her face and forward toes would be great. There is also a small undergarment piece that should be PS'd away

#5 Love the pose and the colors. Need more light to see her eyes (would really make it very powerful) and able to see the other heel would help. You know it is there somewhere but not sure where.

#7 Love the contrast of her skin vs green vs black iloveyou.gif Her expression and pose send a message of it being cold though. The lines of the material are just fantastic from being tight against her body to swirling up into the background.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    #1 Her mascara was flaking, she's got little black bits all up on her cheek. It's a very nice picture and composition and all that but I'm not a fan of being so close to people's faces. Personal opinion iloveyou.gif
    #2 her bangs look blonde or out of place but other than that the light and her pose are very good and it's a nice picture to look at. Love the earrings. I would PS the hair off her face entirely and burn the light flash down so it looks like the rest of her hair. imho

#3 The pose doesn't work for me. Her leg has a lot of light and she put her head down and prevented light from hitting her face from the above honeycomb looking contracption. The dress sleeves make me think she can't reach for anything without duress. The fabric is some synthetic hybrid that doesn't lay well. Ah, well.

#4 #5 and #6 love. iloveyou.gif #4 wins me by thismuch over #5. I love the wind and the light and her position. The dress, mask, skin, and bg all match but not annoyingly so. Just adore those.

#7 is she supposed to be Ariel? I like how the fabric came out of nowhere but she looks so cold. She doesn't look happy that this fabric came to save her from nakedness. Maybe it's attacking her like a boa constrictor. The story is a bit confuzzling.:oogle I don't think she knew what you were going for or vica versa... or this green fabric just burst in on the fun before anyone could do anything about it.

All in all, clap.gif tasteful nudity and fun with masks and ACTION! poses. I'd call her the Golden Owl of Justice as a superhero name rolleyes1.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Love # 6, but I'm a leg man iloveyou.gif
    Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Show me a man who isn't:-) mwink.gif
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    edited July 9, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Wow Nik you are a shooting mad man of late deal.gif
    Nah, just 2-3 shoots a week.. mwink.gif
    #2 I like this one quite a bit but would like the earring on our right/ her left to be a little more in focus
    That was my first attempt to use 100mm macro not just as a portrait lens, but as a closeup portrait lens. Always wanted to try it, and she was totally up for it.
    #3 Pretty hot iloveyou.gif needs a little more light on her face though- my attention is drawn to the lower right because of the light in that area
    Well, that was partly intentional. deal.gifmwink.gif
    Yet I guess I'm having too much fun with vignetting..headscratch.gif
    #4 More light on her face and forward toes would be great. There is also a small undergarment piece that should be PS'd away
    See above.
    Good catch, thank you, I didn't notice that little guy (I guess we know now where *you* were looking at mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif :-), I'll fix it tonight! thumb.gif
    #5 Love the pose and the colors. Need more light to see her eyes (would really make it very powerful) and able to see the other heel would help. You know it is there somewhere but not sure where.
    I have several frames from this pose, some with both heels, but I kinda liked the total assymetry on this one. Lighting wise I was mostly concentrated on the shape, so a weak fill was partially intentional.
    #7 Love the contrast of her skin vs green vs black iloveyou.gif Her expression and pose send a message of it being cold though. The lines of the material are just fantastic from being tight against her body to swirling up into the background.
    Cold - no way, we had 95 outside:-) Tense - possible :cry

Thank you very much for your time and useful comments! thumb.gif
    edited July 9, 2008
    #1 Her mascara was flaking, she's got little black bits all up on her cheek. It's a very nice picture and composition and all that but I'm not a fan of being so close to people's faces. Personal opinion iloveyou.gif
    Mascara - noted. I guess I was too lazy with PS to get rid of it.
    As I mentioned to Aaron, this was my first time playing with 100mm macro, so I was simply curious what do I get, and wanted to share the results, too.
    And yes, it was close, although I have this one, too: mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

328489794_Vze8t-XL.jpg

#2 her bangs look blonde or out of place but other than that the light and her pose are very good and it's a nice picture to look at. Love the earrings. I would PS the hair off her face entirely and burn the light flash down so it looks like the rest of her hair. imho
    I see what you're saying. Good catch on the bangs/flyout. I need to watch for those when I'm shooting that close...

#3 The pose doesn't work for me. Her leg has a lot of light and she put her head down and prevented light from hitting her face from the above honeycomb looking contracption. The dress sleeves make me think she can't reach for anything without duress. The fabric is some synthetic hybrid that doesn't lay well. Ah, well.
    See my reply to Aaron. Partially intentional. Dress - ne_nau.gif , we both liked it. It's actually a VS swuimsuit cover, it looks sooo hawt as a dress:-) mwink.gif

#4 #5 and #6 love. iloveyou.gif #4 wins me by thismuch over #5. I love the wind and the light and her position. The dress, mask, skin, and bg all match but not annoyingly so. Just adore those.
    Yay!clap.gif
    #7 is she supposed to be Ariel? I like how the fabric came out of nowhere but she looks so cold. She doesn't look happy that this fabric came to save her from nakedness. Maybe it's attacking her like a boa constrictor. The story is a bit confuzzling.:oogle I don't think she knew what you were going for or vica versa... or this green fabric just burst in on the fun before anyone could do anything about it.
    You mean Ariel as in "Little Mermaid"? Hmm, dunno, we didn't think about it, although I can see that line...headscratch.gif
    She was a bit uncomfortable, I guess, but definitely not cold...mwink.gif
    All in all, clap.gif tasteful nudity and fun with masks and ACTION! poses. I'd call her the Golden Owl of Justice as a superhero name rolleyes1.gif

For the record, it's called "implied" :-)rolleyes1.gif
    I wouldn't publish nude pics here mwink.gif .

Thank you for your attention and time!
    I like the Golden Owl of Justice name!
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Wouldn't it be better to say the dress looked "Hoot" instead of "hawt"?
    edited July 9, 2008
    Wouldn't it be better to say the dress looked "Hoot" instead of "hawt"?
    In this case, yes mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Nik:

Just a note on #3 -- the chair style seems out of place with the style of photo you're shooting. I know you can't have a different chair for each shoot, but something a bit more elegant for your studio might work better for the style you've been shooting lately. Even a wooden stool would look better, in opinion.

Also, on #3, her neck is kind of lost. I'm thinking getting her to lift her chin a bit would look more elegant.

Keep up the nice work.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited July 9, 2008
    dogwood wrote:
    Nik:

Just a note on #3 -- the chair style seems out of place with the style of photo you're shooting. I know you can't have a different chair for each shoot, but something a bit more elegant for your studio might work better for the style you've been shooting lately. Even a wooden stool would look better, in opinion.

Also, on #3, her neck is kind of lost. I'm thinking getting her to lift her chin a bit would look more elegant.

Keep up the nice work.

Pete,

thank you for the comments and suggestions.thumb.gif

Yeah, props get old fast. I was using the wooden stooll for several shoots in a row, so I kinda got tired of it. But I figured a new prop for the next one (the one with Shade, still in the works).

I see your point about the chin.

Cheers!
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yeah, props get old fast.

Yeah, that is the truth. There's a cool leather couch and leather chair in the studio I use and I've worked just about every angle on both of them.

I think IKEA should offer nightly access to photographers so we'd all have set after set after set to use for photos! That's my dream anyway-- to be locked in an IKEA with ten models and all my lighting and photo gear!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited July 9, 2008
    dogwood wrote:
    That's my dream anyway-- to be locked in an IKEA with ten models and all my lighting and photo gear!
    Something's wrong here... Why do you need the gear headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gifmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Something's wrong here... Why do you need the gear rolleyes1.gifheadscratch.gifwink rolleyes1.gif
    mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Hahah!

I like #2 a lot.
    #3 is nice but she's too sexy for that stool.
    4, 5, and 6 are nice, especially #5.

#7, Oh man that's worth a reshoot. I like everything except the expression and the light not falling off enough around her feet.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 10, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Hahah!

I like #2 a lot.
    #3 is nice but she's too sexy for that stool.
    4, 5, and 6 are nice, especially #5.

#7, Oh man that's worth a reshoot. I like everything except the expression and the light not falling off enough around her feet.

Thanks! thumb.gif

Re:#7. I did want to do that for a while, that was my first attempt. At least we got the mechanics of it down. I will try again, maybe with another model who's more comfortable, uhm, being more scantily clad:-), I have a few coming :-)
  • JH-PhotoJH-Photo Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    i like at most the last one with the green long skirt....the skirt is flying to the sky...i love that.....

for the second one...i think the light could be go to the complete face....
    it looks like it is in the middle a bit stronger than at the sides.

but i love all the pics you made. all are nearly pefect and the ideas of posing are really good. clap.gif

best regards
    JH
    JH-Photo wrote:
    i like at most the last one with the green long skirt....the skirt is flying to the sky...i love that.....

for the second one...i think the light could be go to the complete face....
    it looks like it is in the middle a bit stronger than at the sides.

but i love all the pics you made. all are nearly pefect and the ideas of posing are really good. clap.gif

best regards
    JH

Thank you for the C&C, JH!