Options

Image links and galler changing

JoeGJoeG Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited July 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just had a son. My friends/family are emailing me every couple days for new pics of my son.

I started creating galleries like so:

Our Family > Tyler James > 2008, July 1 thru 5
Our Family > Tyler James > 2008, July 6 thru 9

and so on....

Well, this could quickly get out of hand, but it's the only way I can see for people to go directly to photos they haven't yet seen (I wish there was a "20 photos have been added to this gallery since your last visit" that they would see on updated galleries. With a "Click Here" to go to the first newly added photo).

Anywho.... I am linking to some of these photos on FaceBook, MySpace, and Blogger...

At the end of July, I'd like to create:

Our Family > Tyler James > 2008, July

gallery and move all the photos taken in July to that gallery (and get rid of the galleries that only hold a few days worth of photos).

If I do that, do the links to the images get changed?

Please say "no", please say "no"

Are there any other thoughts on how I could go about this in a way that people will be able to quickly get to newly added photos? Keep in mind that my family is not very tech/internet savvy.

Thanks all! You rock
Joe Gearhart
Photos | Blogs | Twitter | MySpace | Facebook

Comments

• Options
    JoeGJoeG Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    In case anyone else wonders about this, and actually uses the search function here....

I got an email back from the help desk (you guys rock, BTW). The answer... yes, you can move pictures from one gallery to another and the image links I use on my blog and whatnot still load. thumb.gif
    Joe Gearhart
    Photos | Blogs | Twitter | MySpace | Facebook