Options

Where do I begin?

photocreationsphotocreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 9, 2008 in Finishing School
Okay, I really need to learn the bare basics of photography. I am getting replys to my questions and I have no clue what to do. The last message I'm sure was a simple reply, "keep as many pixels as you can"...yet I am thinking, how do I keep as many pixels...where do I get them from....:help Can someone recommend a book, a link, a tuturial, anything, for the true beginner. I need to know what pixels are and everything else so that I can learn the language and art form of photography. The only experience I have is auto focus and snap. Please don't kick me off of this board for such silly questions :(: .....HELP....I really want to learn.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    See this post now http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=869000#post869000 I posted this and for some reason it did not take....has happened a couple of other times in the past 2 or 3 days........sorry

Do not worry about what a pixels is.......to me it is the same as film grain or similar to dots of an inkjet printer (now a lot of people will disagree bi=ut for some this is the easiest way to explain).......so is this the first camera you have EVER owned?? Did you ever shoot film??

Hope it helps
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    You state you need help in understanding photography theory in general, and also, digital photography.

Your question, though, sounds like it is about specific tasks in digital image editing. Dealing with collages is kind of the zone between digital photography and digital art or graphics.

There are a number of books listed in the Books link at the top of this page. There are several helpful for background information for beginners in digital photography. This is one. Don't forget wikipedia either, it has a great deal of information about photography.

There are a number of Tutorials at the top of this page also. The tutorials tend to be centered around image editing to obtain the best possible digital photographic image.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Okay, I really need to learn the bare basics of photography. I am getting replys to my questions and I have no clue what to do. The last message I'm sure was a simple reply, "keep as many pixels as you can"...yet I am thinking, how do I keep as many pixels...where do I get them from....:help Can someone recommend a book, a link, a tuturial, anything, for the true beginner. I need to know what pixels are and everything else so that I can learn the language and art form of photography. The only experience I have is auto focus and snap. Please don't kick me off of this board for such silly questions :(: .....HELP....I really want to learn.

google, dgrin, google, dgrin, and maybe ebay...lol

keep your pixels is a reference to not cropping your shot in post. so compose your shot right....

now, go search dgrin & google somemore....thats where i learn...:D
    Aaron Nelson