Pushing Galleries between Smugmug Accounts

jamcgrawjamcgraw Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 27, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I have two smugmug accounts. One is a pro account and the other is a standard account my wife and I started as a new family blog. After returning from our honeymoon about three weeks ago we posted a ton of images on our family blog site from our trip that I would like to port to my pro account. Is their any way I can port a gallery from one account to a 2nd account? If not do you know another avenue that can keep me from having to re-upload 250+ images?

Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    jamcgraw wrote:
    I have two smugmug accounts. One is a pro account and the other is a standard account my wife and I started as a new family blog. After returning from our honeymoon about three weeks ago we posted a ton of images on our family blog site from our trip that I would like to port to my pro account. Is their any way I can port a gallery from one account to a 2nd account? If not do you know another avenue that can keep me from having to re-upload 250+ images?

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff
    Sorry but at this time there's no way for you to move images from one account to another. The only way to have the images in both accounts is to upload to both accounts.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Jeff
    Sorry but at this time there's no way for you to move images from one account to another. The only way to have the images in both accounts is to upload to both accounts.
    Excuse me Nick.
    But I think you can move the pictures from one account to another...ne_nau.gif
    What you can't do is copy from one account to another.

May be you are meaning copy and not move.
    I had once two galleries I you moved the photos from one to another...
    Or, am I mistaken ? If so, excuse me.mwink.gif
    I am a lurk in computers, remember ?:cry

bowdown.gif:Dthumb.gif
    I remember that at the time, I wanted to update once to both galleries and that is - or was - not possible.
    :D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    jamcgraw wrote:

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Are you talking about keeping the photos in both accounts? Or are you trying to move a set of photos from one account to the other?

I know I've seen requests here before where the SmugSupport folks would move a gallery from one account to a different account. But that was moving the images as opposed to keeping a copy in both accounts.

--- Denise
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    As Denise correctly recalls, the helpdesk can *move* a gallery from one account to another. If you want to *copy* the images, you could create a duplicate copy of your images in your blog account into a new gallery, then ask the help desk to move that gallery over to your pro account.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
    edited July 10, 2008
    OK everyone I will re-phrase. I can Move from one account to another but I cannot Copy from one account to another. If you are willing to take the time to copy all your photos into a second gallery then I can move that gallery to your second account. I didn't mention this before because the amount of time it takes to duplicate 250+ images would be about the amount of time it would take to re-upload them, unless you have a very slow connection that is. If you would like us to do this than please let me know. You can reply here and PM me to make sure I see it.

If you would like you could use SmugTools: Gallery Copier that will automatically duplicate your gallery for you but it's not freeware.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • jamcgrawjamcgraw Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 12, 2008
    Gallery Copied and Ready to Port
    Hey Nick,

I have finnished coping the images I want to port between my accounts. Please move the following gallery - http://jeffandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/5379006_vBN54
    from my family blog to my pro account:
    http://mcgrawmedia.smugmug.com/

Let me know if I need to give you any further information to complete this move.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Btw: Thanks everyone for chiming in! clap.gif :ivar wings.gif

gluwater wrote:
    OK everyone I will re-phrase. I can Move from one account to another but I cannot Copy from one account to another. If you are willing to take the time to copy all your photos into a second gallery then I can move that gallery to your second account. I didn't mention this before because the amount of time it takes to duplicate 250+ images would be about the amount of time it would take to re-upload them, unless you have a very slow connection that is. If you would like us to do this than please let me know. You can reply here and PM me to make sure I see it.

If you would like you could use SmugTools: Gallery Copier that will automatically duplicate your gallery for you but it's not freeware.
    edited July 14, 2008
    jamcgraw wrote:
    Hey Nick,

I have finnished coping the images I want to port between my accounts. Please move the following gallery - http://jeffandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/5379006_vBN54
    from my family blog to my pro account:
    http://mcgrawmedia.smugmug.com/

Let me know if I need to give you any further information to complete this move.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Btw: Thanks everyone for chiming in! clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
    Done!
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • 46er46er Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2016
    gluwater wrote: »
    Done!

My first post here and I realize this is an old thread i found witha search, but is a similar question to what I have. My son set up a trial account in SmugMug and I would like to gift him a Portfolio account. What would he have to do to have the 3 galleries on his trial account moved to his Portfolio account? He would then close the trial account. Thanks for any help; his trial galleries are not large, perhaps 30 photo files.
    edited March 26, 2016
    46er wrote: »
    My first post here and I realize this is an old thread i found witha search, but is a similar question to what I have. My son set up a trial account in SmugMug and I would like to gift him a Portfolio account. What would he have to do to have the 3 galleries on his trial account moved to his Portfolio account? He would then close the trial account. Thanks for any help; his trial galleries are not large, perhaps 30 photo files.
    Why not just pay for the portfolio account affiliated with his trial? There isn't a need to move the photos then.

--- Denise
    edited March 26, 2016
    Why not just pay for the portfolio account affiliated with his trial? There isn't a need to move the photos then.

--- Denise

I want to gift him the account and thats where it gets a little complicated if you want to receive the 20% discount.
    edited March 26, 2016
    46er wrote: »
    I want to gift him the account and thats where it gets a little complicated if you want to receive the 20% discount.
    You might want to contact the help desk directly - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

--- Denise
    edited March 27, 2016
    You might want to contact the help desk directly - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

--- Denise

Thanks, I did and they can move the gallery's, but cannot move any site customization, and that's fine. thumb.gif