Options

Help reorganizing Smugmug page

jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
edited July 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I first created my Smugmug page 3.5 years ago, I didn't fully understand how "Categories" and "galleries" worked. I now find I have some "Categories" with galleries within them that really should be galleries with sub-galleries within a major "Category".

E.g. I have a Category titled "Canadian Rockies 2006" with pictures of our trip there, separated into three galleries. But I now have a Category titled "Travel" into which I would like to move "Canadian Rockies 2006" with it's (sub)galleries intact.

I don't see any way to do this. :dunno Help?

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    1) create the relevant sub-categories (in Control Panel)
    2) For each gallery you wish to move, go the "Customise Gallery", and choose the relevant category, then the relevant sub-category.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,273 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    jthomas wrote:
    When I first created my Smugmug page 3.5 years ago, I didn't fully understand how "Categories" and "galleries" worked. I now find I have some "Categories" with galleries within them that really should be galleries with sub-galleries within a major "Category".

E.g. I have a Category titled "Canadian Rockies 2006" with pictures of our trip there, separated into three galleries. But I now have a Category titled "Travel" into which I would like to move "Canadian Rockies 2006" with it's (sub)galleries intact.
    I believe this will create the structure you are looking for:
    • On your control panel, go to the customize tab, and select subcategories.
    • Add a new subcategory within the Travel category. Call it Canadian Rockies 2006.
    • Now go to the gallery customization screen for each of the galleries currently assigned to the Canadian Rockies 2006 category. Change the category to Travel, and the subcategory to Canadian Rockies 2006.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Thanks, PBolchover and Denise. Your instructions seem straightforward, and I'll tackle this when I find time. I'm leaving for Alaska early tomorrow and can't do it just now.

Thanks again!