~ German Bikini and Handbag Shooting ~

JH-PhotoJH-Photo Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited July 10, 2008 in People
Hi Guys,

would like to show some of my new pics from last week.
I hope that the " [ IMG ] links will work.

Last time we have trouble. Some are able to watch the pics and some have to copy or click to the url :-(

Maybe this forum is only for Smugmug user URL`s ?

Hope you like the pics.

I used a 70-200 2,8 f lenz and make the pics at 3,5. ISO was 400.

Good day to you.

JH

@ NIKOLAI : Sorry for copying your style of (C) in the pic, but I love your idea so much :-)
I am thinking about to make a transparent gif of a girl (only one color) to place it with 50% opacity and complete why on the down left corner as well

1f0bf8daad3b9b88aab0d4a896389321121515580010384177.jpg

fb6981ed9da2db52ca456e92a81bb0f7121569962944752710.jpg

5c8ad98087cc36a8360887705fd31c47121515585249419126.jpg

bb9fcc870cf62db1c7a26549d1e6ceb0121569953089515494.jpg

Comments

• evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Gorgeous lighting and colors and model!
    Nitpicks:
    loose thread on skirt #1
    strap from dress on left arm #3.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • JH-PhotoJH-Photo Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Gorgeous lighting and colors and model!
    Nitpicks:
    loose thread on skirt #1
    strap from dress on left arm #3.

hey...you absolutely right. i thought about to rework the strap on the arm,
    but at the end i decided, ok it was my fault if i made the shoots...and i don`t like to rework my pics with photoshop :-)

anyway..thanks...for the #1 you right. thanks
    JH-Photo wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    would like to show some of my new pics from last week.
    Nice work, Jens! thumb.gif
    I used a 70-200 2,8 f lenz and make the pics at 3,5. ISO was 400.
    This seem to be my tool of choice, too, as long as I can fit my target into the frame (darn, I need a FF body, those APC sensors really start crampling my style...)
    @ NIKOLAI : Sorry for copying your style of (C) in the pic, but I love your idea so much :-)
    :fish :argue :whip :gun2
    mwink.gif
    thumb.gif I'm flattered :-) iloveyou.gif

Nice posing!

Neatpicks:
    • Light seems a bit harsh. Looks like a single light (except maybe a first one where there is a hit of a rim) with a small diffuser/umbrella located close to the model? headscratch.gif
    • With a dark bg and a dark hair there is not enough separation between fg (subject) and the bg. Yet again, more lights are needed for that and I know how it is when you have to manage with what you have...
    • With ISO 400 and f/3.5 I'm wondering what kind of flash did you use? And why not crank up the power a bit and lower ISO? headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    JH-Photo wrote:
    but at the end i decided, ok it was my fault if i made the shoots...and i don`t like to rework my pics with photoshop :-)
    You're right, it's your fault mwink.gif And those are inevitable. So you better start liking to work in PS. The truth is, nobody cares how you ended up with a great result, as long as it's great. And if it's not, nobody cares about it, period.
    For instance. your #2 shows some neck lines. With this pose those are hard to avoid. Yet they are ugly. 30 sec in PS with a patch tool or a healing brush would take care of those. And that can be a difference between "making it" or not..ne_nau.gif
  • JH-PhotoJH-Photo Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice work, Jens! thumb.gif

This seem to be my tool of choice, too, as long as I can fit my target into the frame (darn, I need a FF body, those APC sensors really start crampling my style...)

mwink.gif

Nice posing!

Neatpicks:
    • Light seems a bit harsh. Looks like a single light (except maybe a first one where there is a hit of a rim) with a small diffuser/umbrella located close to the model? headscratch.gif
    • With a dark bg and a dark hair there is not enough separation between fg (subject) and the bg. Yet again, more lights are needed for that and I know how it is when you have to manage with what you have...
    • With ISO 400 and f/3.5 I'm wondering what kind of flash did you use? And why not crank up the power a bit and lower ISO? headscratch.gif

Nikolai,

I use a beauty dish here. Only one flash available. The flash is only working with 125 W 250 W or 500 W. If I go close to the model, the flash is to heavy...therefore I have to go 10 metres away, until I can not see lightning inm her face , but the background is to dark. than i have to raise the iso for thjis green lighning background with a good lighted girl.

but i have seen later the same...next time i will work including the way from sharp to blur. than i will have the 3d effect if you can see the feets as well.

now it is onl 2 d..... one pic sharp (the girl) and bg unsharp..
    JH-Photo wrote:
    Nikolai,

I use a beauty dish here. Only one flash available. The flash is only working with 125 W 250 W or 500 W. If I go close to the model, the flash is to heavy...therefore I have to go 10 metres away, until I can not see lightning inm her face , but the background is to dark. than i have to raise the iso for thjis green lighning background with a good lighted girl.

but i have seen later the same...next time i will work including the way from sharp to blur. than i will have the 3d effect if you can see the feets as well.

now it is onl 2 d..... one pic sharp (the girl) and bg unsharp..

Flash is 10 meters away??? No wonder it looks harsh.
    I *really* suggest you do some testing (check out my WA "It's not the size"). At those distances no modifiers (except huge ones) would make any difference, the light will be harsh and you'd only lose the lumens. ne_nau.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Flash is 10 meters away??? No wonder it looks harsh.
    I *really* suggest you do some testing (check out my WA "It's not the size"). At those distances no modifiers (except huge ones) would make any difference, the light will be harsh and you'd only lose the lumens. ne_nau.gif

First.....I love #1.

Now to my question for Nikolai: What do you mean by the flash is only 10 meters away????

That's 30 feet! How could you possibly have the flash / strobes any farther away?

I'm confused.

Sam
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    Now to my question for Nikolai: What do you mean by the flash is only 10 meters away????
    That's 30 feet! How could you possibly have the flash / strobes any farther away?
    I'm confused.
    Sam
    Sam, I didn't say "only". Quite the opposite, for me 10m is way too far deal.gif . The only situation I would use that scenario is when I deal with a something like a large reception hall where I can't put my lights in the middle and have to operate from the perimeter.
    Of course, another possible case is a specific scenario where for whatever reason the light is required to be as harsh as possible.
    Under normal circumstances I'm trying to get quite the opposite effect of a soft light, hence I'm trying to put my light sources close. However, if it's too close you get a lot of a rapid fall-off, which you have to compensate with another light, or by increasing the distance. So there is a balance between all these things. My biggest diffuser (7ft octabox) is typically within 8ft from the subject, smaller ones are closer, like my 1'x2' small hair light softbox is usually only within a foot or two. The only notable exceptions are rimlights, but I kinda like them to be a bit harsh and I do need a rapid fall-off on those.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    mwink.gif
    Psssh! You wouldn't hurt a fly, poser!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nikolai,

Thanks, that make sense. I was jut reading it wrong.

Sam
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Nice work other than the small things (strap, etc) that have already been pointed out. I would like to see a bit longer neck in all but the handbag shot (get your model to lift her chin a bit) but that's just a personal thing.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    yeah, I'm totally going to look like her after i have my baby! headscratch.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook