Options

Problems moving pics between galleries

ZZZZZZ Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited July 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I finally got our nearly 2000 photos uploaded from a recent Europe trip. I guess I made a mistake by putting them all into one gallery. I thought it would be easy to move them to the proper gallery once i sorted through them but its not working. As soon as i select the photos and hit move the page looks like its loading but just stays like that for 5-10 min. Then a Page Load Error comes up and says the connection was reset. This happens every time. If i go back to the original gallery, some of the pics do get moved but not all of them. What am i doing wrong? At this rate it would be quicker just to sort them then upload them again to the proper gallery.

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    ZZZ wrote:
    I finally got our nearly 2000 photos uploaded from a recent Europe trip. I guess I made a mistake by putting them all into one gallery. I thought it would be easy to move them to the proper gallery once i sorted through them but its not working. As soon as i select the photos and hit move the page looks like its loading but just stays like that for 5-10 min. Then a Page Load Error comes up and says the connection was reset. This happens every time. If i go back to the original gallery, some of the pics do get moved but not all of them. What am i doing wrong? At this rate it would be quicker just to sort them then upload them again to the proper gallery.
    Hi ZZZ! Wow 2000 photo's is a pretty large upload. How many photos were you trying to move at once? If you are trying to do too many that might cause a problem. It's always easier to upload to the correct gallery to start with but you should be able to move them once they are on the site. I would suggest moving smaller amounts of photos per move. If you still have problems don't hesitate to e-mail us directly. For the most part we'll respond in an hour, usually it's much faster than that.

Don't know if you saw but tonight was a scheduled maintenance window and SmugMug did use it. I don't know if that had any effect on you but it's always a good idea to not do any heavy SmugMug usage during those windows. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=99388
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto