Summer of learning

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited July 13, 2008 in People
Em's learned to float by herself with floaties. Most of them turned out without any blowing of the highlights........but on some of my shots, the water blew out completely. How do you stop that?

329742442_MtoS4-M.jpg

329741587_jXvew-M.jpg

329741169_EUDBB-M.jpg

329741811_xpa7d-M.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 13, 2008
    The highlights look just fine to me on these, so I assume you are talking about some other shots that you didn't post. #4 is a real winner. thumb.gif Water is like a mirror, and when it reflects direct sunlight there's not much you can do about it without underexposing the rest of the frame. The good news is that there's hardly ever any detail that matters there, unless it's a really large area that's blown. Depending on the shooting angle and position of the sun, a circular polarizer can cut down the reflections.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    yeah, what Richard said. It would be easier to answer your question about blown water if you posted one showing the problem. We won't laugh - I promise:D because we all have problems that we are trying to figure out mwink.gif