recruit new members!

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 15, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
we'll be giving away a $50 amazon gift certificate to the dgrinner that recruits the most contributing members over the next couple of months, now thru the end of june 2005.

the moderators will determine the winner. so c'mon you guys, get to it - invite your friends, fellow shooters, etc to join our forum.
let a mod know when they've joined.

ps: *do not* spam other boards, please. the best way to get people to come is by example, and personal invite. show them a thread of advice, or pics, that will mean something to them ..... :deal

Comments

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    How about going out to a park to do some shooting, noticing another guy out there with a huge peice of glass (unfortunatley nikon glass but harry needs some people to talk to equipment about) doing some birding and other things. Struck up a conversation and invited him to the board here. Hopefully we will be hearing from David Bogdan soon. He has a gallery at www.pbase.com/davidbogdan with some really great shots. Hopefully I'll get to talk to him some more and get to shoot with him sometime. I'd love to learn some of his techniques specially for his night time shots.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    This is a takeover, not the real ginger..........

But one way to get people to join is to beg people to come on, join, so as to be able to vote for you in the Challenge.

As I said, this is not ginger, no way would she do that. (She even said that she was embarrassed at all the people who voted for her that one time, and she sure was glad that the numbers stayed up afterwards, phew, she almost thought she was caught. She started begging friends to join to vote for others.)

never did she say any of this, though. (And this "contest" was not going at the time)

she thinks she has been impersonated in other posts, too.

anon
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Heck I been doing that since day one for me thumb.gif
    Can I get retroactive credits :D
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    I would like to make a formal protest...
    against this idea :nah

People cause trouble, are demanding, and need to have their needs met. I am against begging, cajolling, inviting, and bribery in an effort to inflate our rolls. There is only so much time to go around, and the more people we have here the less time-per-person available. In fact we should close the doors now while we still can......

I suggest we give a $50 gift cetificate to Amazon for the person who persuades the most people to LEAVE Digital Grin :toni

Note: I would not have a problem opening up membership to animals however, they are less demanding than people, and unless they are monkeys, don't normally type.

:D

Hey, Ginger started it :poke

Have a great day thumb.gif
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...