Need a bit O'help

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited July 13, 2008 in Cameras
Of the beginner Nikon Cameras which one is it that only AF-s lense will work on......want to keep someone away from this camera......Looking for one in the Nooob range that they can buy any brand lens and all function will still automatically work.

Thanx
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    The D40 and the D60 both wont focus with non AF-s lenses. Other than that you should be fine with any other body! thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    UT Scott wrote:
    The D40 and the D60 both wont focus with non AF-s lenses. Other than that you should be fine with any other body! thumb.gif

Thanx and I think that locally that is all that is availble right now...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    IF you can find one used, get a D50, as they do AF with all the AF lenses. I do like mine, I'd be hard pressed to part with it. If they'll only get new, then D80 or D200 or D300 would be the ones to get
    Art Scott wrote:
    Of the beginner Nikon Cameras which one is it that only AF-s lense will work on......want to keep someone away from this camera......Looking for one in the Nooob range that they can buy any brand lens and all function will still automatically work.

Thanx
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited July 12, 2008
    UT Scott wrote:

I believe the D40x is also lacking the focus screw (just for completeness.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Thanx ZIGGY53:

I met this couple at Best Buy and the saLes person was not edumakated in dem kamera's......so since shes having a tough time knowing the difference betwixt a tele zoom and wide zoom I stepped in....unfortunately she walked off, as soon as I said I was semi pro (the couple asked if I was a pro )....any who.....they needed a camera to take on an Alaskan Cruise and I have not even looked at the lowe end of Nikon or canon and I was trying to lead them to a camera that wouldn't cost and arm and leg to get started with...we taked lenses and such and I gave them my phone number and told them if they needed any help to just call and I would help them.....I also sugested they should probably buy from B&H as BB doesn't have good lens selection....but n0o call so far......actually I told them that if they called I would get get on B&H with them so we could discuss options and such.....dang am I easy or what.......rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    If you are talking about which Nikons are missing that screw in body AF motor, then the D40, D40x, and D60 IIRC.