Another Blackbird Shot.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited July 13, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Sorry for all the pictures I'm posting of this thing, but I'm having a ball trying out different ideas with it, and this evolved out of another project I was working on: A project that had nothing to do with the dingus.

A bit of what before the why: Focusing was extremely difficult! (I'll tell you the why later. :wink) Personally, I love the way it came out.
MK-Falcon-Speed-Graphic_DSC.jpg

Let me know what you think!
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    OK, instead of just ignoring this post I will reply. I love your work LSV, but you must be putting us on with this one rolleyes1.gif . Sorry, I don't get it headscratch.gif . It is out of focus and it looks bad.......blbl.gif

I'll probably be trashed for saying this, but you did ask. :D:D:D
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    No trashing. rolleyes1.gif

It's an experiment. As I said, focusing was very dificult: First I had to focus the Speed Graphic on the bird, which was more dificult than focusing the DSLR on the focusing screen of the Speed Graphic. The grime you see was on the focusing screen. Other than levels and a slight crop, it's a straight image.

Thank you for your compliments on my other work.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    No trashing. rolleyes1.gif

It's an experiment. As I said, focusing was very dificult: First I had to focus the Speed Graphic on the bird, which was more dificult than focusing the DSLR on the focusing screen of the Speed Graphic. The grime you see was on the focusing screen. Other than levels and a slight crop, it's a straight image.

Thank you for your compliments on my other work.

So you took this shot through, not with, an old camera. I like the idea, and the resulting look. :D

However.. I would like to see some more interesting subjects.

Here's an idea I've just thought of: take a flat field with the technique - shoot a white wall or something similar. You should end up with an image of all the notches, nicks and gripe of the focusing screen. You can then apply that along with appropriate softening and desaturation to any image you like and get it to look like what you've got here. Or does that count as cheating? :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/