1st Concert Go with 85mm1.4D

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited July 13, 2008 in People
I finally had the opportunity to try the cream machine at a couple of concerts this past week. Some are pretty clear, others are blurry but I liked the light in a few of these. The first 3 are from John Mayer's concert in Toronto, the last couple are of Dobet Gnahore at Sunfest here in town.
I loved my 1.8 in low light but now I'm in heaven. :lust :lust :lust

2650144637_36de7908f5_o.jpg

2651674592_e6f7600e25_o.jpg

2651381004_a1245c8202_o.jpg

2638426460_5c06acfe00_o.jpg

2637596399_1081c37a08_o.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• tinfishtinfish Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Great shots. The first two inparticular are really good. Must of been pretty close to get those with an 85mm.
    Jeff Harbin
    "Life of Riley" Photography
    www.lifeofrileyphotography.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Love the John Meyer shots the best. clap.gif I am also a big fan of his music. wings.gif
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Love the John Meyer shots the best. clap.gif I am also a big fan of his music. wings.gif

I am too, especially after seeing him live about 18 months ago for the 1st time. He's amazing live. That boy can play a guitar. No wonder they call him 'Slow Hand Jr.". :ivar

Thanks for your kind words Jeff & Dan.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    I was not aware that John Mayer had a sleeve. I like his music - in fact I'm an "in the closet john mayer fan" with my friends.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    rsparts wrote:
    I was not aware that John Mayer had a sleeve. I like his music - in fact I'm an "in the closet john mayer fan" with my friends.

He is a young musical genius who will one day be held in the same esteem as a James Taylor, Paul Simon, or Elton John. Great song writer singers musicians are a rare breed and John M. will be one of the greats. You can take it to the bank deal.gif
    edited July 13, 2008
    rsparts wrote:

He's collected a variety of tattoos over the past few years. The sleeve he had done in Japan this spring. He was an exchange student there at one time I believe and speaks fluent Japanese. It is a work of art, just gorgeous when you see it up close.

2665553382_6017fa4d6d_b.jpg
    They called him 'Slow Hand Jr.' in Rolling Stone last year and is thought to be the Eric Clapton of his generation. He and Slow Hand spend a lot of time together playing. They dueted "Cross Roads" in late June at Hyde Park Rocks in London. He is a brilliant guitar player, songwriter. Come on out of the closet! Play your friends some of the JM Trio blues stuff and they'll never dis you for liking JM again. mwink.gif

patti hinton photography
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    How far from the stage were you with the 85?
    Looks to me like you were right up front?
    I am going to a concert next week and can't take the longer lenses (want to take the 70-200) but they might not allow it.

Thanks in advance.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited July 13, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:
    Looks to me like you were right up front?
    I am going to a concert next week and can't take the longer lenses (want to take the 70-200) but they might not allow it.

Thanks in advance.

I was in the 4th row centre. I'm not a professional so these are all guerilla concert photographs. I have my ways.... mwink.gif

patti hinton photography
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Patti wrote:
    I was in the 4th row centre. I'm not a professional so these are all guerilla concert photographs. I have my ways.... mwink.gif

Thanks, Patti. Yes, I understand guerilla photography. I just am back from a trip to Russia. Lots of places were off limits. You gotta be careful that you don't hit the shutter buttons when photography is not allowed (ahem).
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com