Options

FS: Nikon lenses, filters, accessories - closet cleaning

GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited July 20, 2008 in Nikon Land
Everything is now on eBay due to lack of interest

=================

I had these listed earlier with crappy pictures, trying it one more time with much better photos before I send them off to eBay. All prices include shipping and assume Google checkout or PayPal bank transfer, echeck, or fund with balance. I can do PayPal credit card if you insist, but would like to split the fees.

• Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AI - $120. SN 580426, includes front and rear caps and a third party "for HN-1" metal hood. No box, no paperwork. This is the classic MF wide angle lens. Glass and cosmetics are great, no internal dust, no brassing on the mount, aperture blades are clean and snappy.
    2704904884_d883d16ee9.jpg2704905028_c0eb4a4148.jpg

• Nikon 28mm f/2.0 AIS - $200. SN 586673, includes front and rear caps. No box, no paperwork. Another classic MF lens, Bjorn Rorslett's evaluation declares: "It offers outstandingly sharp images and these are produced at all aperture settings from f/2 to f/8... The lens is unusually resistant to flare and ghosting and eminently suitable for shooting directly into the sun". My copy does have a few issues which would classify it as a KEH BGN:
    • There are two very small surface marks on the rear element, circled in orange on the image. I have not seen either one affect I/Q, though I have not used this lens enough in the year that I have owned it to tell for sure
    • The aperture blades are clean and springy, though probably not as snappy as they were 30 years ago
    • There is some brassing on the mount, as seen in the images below
    • A previous owner seems to have used a bit of black paint to cover up some markings on the side of the lens barrel. It is well done and not noticeable, the paint is well attached, I just wanted to mention it in the interest of full disclosure.
    2704081757_8db25b7106.jpg2704272725_74aa75f8b3.jpg

A larger view of the 28mm mount can be seen here. Both lenses are attractively priced relative to their KEH and eBay counterpars. KEH is currently offering a bargain NON-AI 24/2.8 for $120 and an EX- AI for $235, with about $15 for shipping. While my 24mm is probably not EX- by the stringent KEH standards, it certainly is not a BGN, and my price includes shipping. The KEH price for a BGN 28/2 is $265+shipping, you can get mine for $90 less shipped. I am offering return terms similar to KEH's --- if you get a lens and don't like it, return to me within a week at your cost for a full refund.

I also have a couple of 52mm filters than I no longer need:
  • 52mm B+W circular polarizer and 52mm Tiffen SR polarizer - $32 shipped for both. The B+W is the non-MRC version, as shown here. Comes with the original B+W soft box, but no paper sleeve. Glass and frame are in excellent condition. I will knock off my shipping cost ($2) from the price if the filter is purchased with any one of the lenses.

I will consider reasonable offers.

Comments

• Options
    GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Everything listed above is still available. Shoot me a reasonable offer, you never know, I may agree to it instead of selling these things on eBay for more money. I will ignore lowballs, so if I don't reply you can assume that I don't think the offer is worth discussing :)