Help with Architecture Photography

Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
edited July 15, 2008 in Landscapes
The company that I do temp work for over the summer (im a college kid) just asked me to do a project for them. It incorporates going all over the state and photographing the buildings where my company does work. (they are an hvac and security company)
aaaaaanyway,
I have very very little experience with architectural shooting, and I am open to ANY tips, suggestions, tutorials, books, etc. Ideally I will be starting the job next week.

I have a D80, 50mm 1.8, 18-55 vr, and 70-300 vr. And I am in the process (this week) of getting the sturdiest tripod setup I can afford right now.

Due to my budjet, I cant afford any new glass or a flash, so what I listed is what I have to work with.

Please help!

(sorry I dont have a picture. there is no "help" or "general" sections on dgrin ;)
graphic designer/photographer

Comments

• Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    It seems all you gotta do is go take some pictures of some buildings so the company can put them up on their wall. Not too hard to do. Use your tripod, don't use a flash, try to do it when there are pretty clouds in the sky, try not to do it when their are shadows everywhere, and do it when the buildings are closed so you don't get a ton of people in your photos. (sunday mornings probably the best time)

I just started doing something like this for my hubby's company. I don't have any experience but the way I see it you don't need to have experience just go do it :D

http://love-every-moment.smugmug.com/gallery/5421898_V68Nu#331539140_bpVJx

Here are a few examples of what I have done so far, took me 3 hours of driving around just to get these 5 buildings. Then I had to stop because opening hours had approched. And, I did not use a tripod...maybe I should have...anyways...

Good luck and have fun!!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Cool! Thanks for the examples and input :)
    Ya, I think I just have to get out there. Some of the sites are like 6 hours away! So timing for clouds and stuff is gonna be hard, but thats OK. Its gonna be fun...and I get paid :)
    hehe. thanks again.
    graphic designer/photographer