On The Beat At Orchard Beach

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited July 21, 2008 in People
This was actually an attempt at humor. I saw how silly the fat police officer's neck was and I wanted to take a shot of his meaty neck. What I got was a picture that I can't understand why it's so appealing to me. C & C please. Minor post processing.

331289923_S9uKm-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 15, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    This was actually an attempt at humor. I saw how silly the fat police officer's neck was and I wanted to take a shot of his meaty neck.

Hmm...maybe you had to be there. :D The totally dark silhouette kind of makes it hard to know what is neck and what is head, though he's clearly a big guy. I would clone out the head that's between the two cops at the bottom.
  • ArchNPArchNP Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Actaully they are not sitting staright and are looking sideways, thats why the necks are not that prominent. Anyone can easily figure out how fat they are by noticing the context and purpose of taking photo. But as such the focus is not on necks because they are getting masked due to the general dark layout. Nice capture though.
    Any comments on my pics would be appreciated, thanks: www.MyGreatWorld.com/christian/
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Hmm...maybe you had to be there. :D The totally dark silhouette kind of makes it hard to know what is neck and what is head, though he's clearly a big guy. I would clone out the head that's between the two cops at the bottom.

You see, this is why you guys are the pros. I didn't even notice that unless you said it. I posted the pic as shot, I'll should get into the habbit of retouching photos before I post them. I'll have to start reading more in the 'finishing school' of this forum. Thanks for the good eye!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    ArchNP wrote:
    Actaully they are not sitting staright and are looking sideways, thats why the necks are not that prominent. Anyone can easily figure out how fat they are by noticing the context and purpose of taking photo. But as such the focus is not on necks because they are getting masked due to the general dark layout. Nice capture though.

When I first took looked at the photo in the viewfinder, it looked clear and the details where great, but when I snapped it, this is what came out. And for some reason, I love it! I'm a newby with a newby camera. I'm basically doing this as a hobby. But like all of my other hobbies, I want it to feel professional. I searched hundreds of forums, and by far this is the one with the best tallent. And it's an honor and a pleasure to learn from you guys. Thanks for everything!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter